What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LVII...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LVII...

"Wait..." Devious gasps to Lesley, now in battle mode, standing before Ginny's desk. Ginny, crucifix out from blouse, likewise ready.

"She's hurt you, Master...!"

"No...Just, stay, girl...I know who's attacking me. Ginny! Put that thing away or I will let Lesley fight you and I'll take you, I'm still strong enough..." trying to stand.

Perhaps not but...

"All right...But I didn't ask Colin to do it." Ginny pushes crucifix back under blouse.

"Then tell him to stop...Right now..."

She presses phone console. "Anne? Could you put Colin on, now?"

"Colin, back off..." she tells phone. "And I appreciate it but we're in negotiations...Just hold the fort there. And don't let the girls get nervous..."

Ok? She eyes Devious as he sits a bit more erect, Lesley and Victor eyeing her narrowly...

"Better. There...See how reasonable I can be?" he notes, smiling.

"All right. You wanted to negotiate. You say we have a common enemy. What is it you want?" Ginny eyes him.

"I want to know why Van Helsing is back...And why he has such an interest in my old chums from the Junior Island..."

"How do you know he's got any interest in them. His people attacked vampires your Council held, right?"

"Ginny. We both know his focus is on my old friends. And if you want them to survive, you'd best have allies. I am here, ready to sign a treaty of alliance...And to make a deal on their old house..."

"What else do you know about him? And his people?" she asks. "Simon if you want an alliance, my Mistress and Masters have to know you have something to offer. Do you know where they are? Where the Slayer is?"

"The who?" Simon stares...Victor likewise...

"Don't tell me you're a fanatical Buffy fan? Or believe in silly legends?" he notes.

"Well, I mean, apart from vampires, ghosts, werewolves, vampire hunters, of course."

...

"I should just go in...I'm expected to come by..." Erika insists to Eloise as they watch their office building.

As yet no signs of additional forces...Including thralled humans...Though there could be hypnotized spies about...Eloise had admitted to Erika's insistent questioning.

"Your thrall stands out like a sore thumb..." Eloise sighs. "He'll know you for a minion right away."

"I'll have Ginny tell him I'm coming and it's just business...At least she'd have backup."

"I'd be better for any fighting to be done and I'm not thralled. Though he might bridle at a werewolf showing up..."

"Just a mo..." Erika put phone to ear. "Martha? Yes, how soon? We're across the street. No one else that we can tell so far. No, Ginny was ok when we called a few minutes ago. You best pull into the garage lot here so we can discuss in sheltered space...Did mein Master Laszlo stay? No...He should have stayed!" Anxious tone... "Hello, Master." she calms a bit. "No, alls quite well and quiet. No, we're still outside, but I'll go right in on your... Yes, Master. I hear and obey." slight sigh... "Eloise?" she hands phone over.