What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XLVIII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XLVIII...

Jennifer walking to her front door, Ginny's car heading off...

"Well, that was quite a night." She ruefully grins to camera. "I'm still coming down off it all...Though of course I know Ginny didn't mean anything by considering killing me. It was all for the Mistress. But it was odd that Van Helsing seemed to think I'd be different. I mean I appreciate that he thinks I'm kind-hearted but really I'd do whatever it took to save Master Laszlo and I hope his people get that. But it's nice in its way...I mean I try to be good to people as much as I can and I really would feel badly having to kill anyone, though I wouldn't slack in my Duty to my Lord, I promise you that." Putting up hands. "I just believed him when he said killing one of us while possessed wouldn't change anything. And I'm sure Master Laszlo wouldn't want me to kill Ginny or anyone without some purpose." Sigh.

"Unfortunately it didn't really make much difference in any case...He didn't tell us much, just that someone who knew the Master summoned him. Which I guess could be important..." shrug... "Though who it could be is impossible to say. Ginny wants to research it with the Master tomorrow and maybe he'll have an idea but it seems far-fetched to me that we'd find anyone living who'd reach out to Van Helsing. Seems to me it would have to be someone in the afterlife, some relative. I don't think the Master was married during his human time but maybe his mom? A sis?" she shrugs, brushing her blazer.

"Jen?!" call from the front door...David staring over.

"Gotta go. Say wouldn't it be something if Van Helsing takes me again, here?" grin. "Well, I shouldn't wish that for Davy's sake." Rueful smile, nervous glance to the house... "He might either try to get me to a doctor or start asking questions, so please don't, Doc." She rubs chin. "You guys get the feeling he may be playing with us? He sure doesn't seem to like giving out specifics. Coming, honey! Just a sec!" she waves to the perturbed...Not these camera guys, again?...David.

"But I guess if it were me, I wouldn't want to put my friends in danger by telling too much. Thank God at least Master Nandor found everyone safe and sound. No attacks by vampire hunters or Slayers as yet." Warm chuckle... "Isn't it a hoot though that 'Buffy' was a real person? Who've thought, huh? Of course Ginny was arguing that it could be her, still...The Slayer summoning Van Helsing to get his people to help. But none of our Lords or our Lady have met her, why would she be so interested in them, given there are plenty of more dangerous vampires around, from what our guys have told us?" shrug. "Well, I gotta go and see to my guys, ok? Talk to you tomorrow and thanks for checking in. Let the Master know I'm home safe and sound, will ya?"

She hurries off to the front door, David casting annoyed glance at the camera crew...

"Don't these guys ever let up?" he grouses to her as she enters.

"They were being nice, seeing we got home ok. Come on, honey...They're just doing their job. Besides, Mas...Mr. Cravensworth's promised he'll get us a copy of the filming with me. Be nice for Suzie to see me in action one day, on the biggest job of my life, right?"

He sighs.

"And the last big one, for a while at least, I promise, David." She crosses heart. "But it's going so well, and means so much for our future, right?"

"I suppose..." reluctant tone...

"One more week and alls set. Honest." She kisses him. "Now, lets go see Suzie and have dinner, I'm starved."

"Is that wax on your sleeve?" he eyes the drops of candle wax on her blazer sleeve.

"Oh, yeah...They use candles at the old house. Very British, I guess..." she grins, pulling him along. "Don't worry, it'll clean off easy. And now I can buy all the ones I want...Though I think I'll be more in the market for a nice nightee. Come, sweetie." She tugs.