What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXXI...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXXI...

Hotel Gran Ciudal de Mexico...

Phyllis and Susan in hallway, both in their suits from the funeral, Phyllis a bit apprehensive...

"Sue? Should we be doing this?"

"You wanted to come..." Susan, shrugs

"Yeah...I just..."

"Did he do something to you?" Susan eyes her colleague/fellow minion-enthrallee/rival.

"Gui?" stare.

"Not Gui, Dracula..."

"What? Whadya mean? When?"

"When he took you for a walk at the funeral. You've been spacey ever since."

"What? No... I mean...No..." Phyllis insists. "I'm not...You know...His girl."

"I know the Overlords said Simon Devious couldn't control us thanks to their hold but..." Susan shrugs. "He is Dracula."

"No...He just...We just talked, about things...Gui's aunt and all..."

"Well, you sure got a lot calmer afterwards...Maybe you're not controlled but he did something."

Phyllis, worried now...

"It's ok. I'm sure you wouldn't do anything to hurt Gui or our Lady and Lords." Susan notes. "Though...I guess I should be careful with you."

"I'm not doing this for him. I swear, Sue. I'm Mistress Nadja's...Always. And I'm loyal to Gui and the others, honest." Anxious stare. "You know I love Gui, Sue." Shrug. "Even if I get it that he prefers you. And I love the other Overlords nearly as much as my Lady Nadja."

"I'm sure I am...Still hers." she notes, a bit wanly.

"I'm sure you are, Phyl." Susan, sympathetically. "But you understand? This is Gui's and their lives on the line. I'm not sayin' this out of jealousy, I hafta be sure you're not doing anything for Dracula."

"Ok..." sigh. "If you gotta kill me..." resigned tone. "Tell Gui I loved him..."

Susan, staring... "Phyl?! No...Geesh, I just mean I gotta be cautious around you. Till I'm sure you're not hypnotized or something. I just want you to let me handle things with Dr. A."

"Oh..." nod. "Well, ok...Sure. But you know, Sue, if you ever were sure I'd betray the guys or Gui, I'd want you to kill me, no shit." Earnest nod.

"Yeah, well, not right now." Susan puts up a hand. "And I may need you. But I just want you to hang back while I..."

"Ladies?" Cicely Afanas had emerged from Dr. Acura's hotel room... "I thought you were staying with Guillermo and his family at the ranch?"

"We are, Mrs. Afanas." Susan nods...Eyeing her pleasant face... "Just had to check out and bring our stuff." Indicates bag by her side.

She sure don't look 99. More like early 50s if even that.

Say...? Does she look younger? She does, a bit...Hmmn...

You don't suppose Drac is supplying a bit more of what her hubbie gave her?

"Are you staying with the doc?" Phyllis asks, puzzled.

"Not...Exactly..." Cicely smiles. "We're old friends and just exchanging a few personal memories."

Oh? Susan stares.