What We Do In the Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXVIII...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXVIII...

Martha's desk, Zeller Properties' office...9 am...

"Good morning..." she smiles brightly at camera, looking remarkably young for her years. "I guess this is the big day, saleswise. They close on the Fielderson estate. I'm so happy for them, everything's gone well. The representative attorneys for the Fielderson family are already here. Our...Clients will be here in an hour. Of course, they still have to work things out on the old place, but it looks like that fellow Mr. Devious will proceed with Miss Reynolds acting as his proxy. Don't know when the finals will be hammered...Staked..." she grins with a touch of malicious glee... "Out..."

"Hey, Colin..." she smiles at Colin Robinson approaching... "Big doin's, you excited?"

"Hey, sure...Can't wait to get at that pool. Can you make twenty copies of these?" he hands her a set of papers. "Just the Historical Society's regulations and recommendations on the property, I wanted everyone including the ladies here who might be visiting us regularly to have them."

"Sure..." she take papers. "Do I...?" she raised the sack.

"Of course, you're one of the chosen few...Go nuts." smile...

I'd say about forty percent there, though in her case, it seems to be helping...

"Gwen out?" he asks.

"She called to say she was sick...Pooped out, really." She gives him a slightly reproving look.

"I hope I didn't bore her too much with my chatter this last week." He gives thin smile. "But, it's what I do."

"Sure. I hope she gets some rest." Pointedly.

"As do I..." nod. "The legal crew inside?" he points.

"Yeah, just waiting for your team."

"Yes, they were all aflutter this morning...Laszlo and Nandor especially."

"They will be careful, coming?" she asks, a bit breathlessly anxious, though trying to conceal the depths of her concern.

Oh, my Master...My dear, dear Master...Did he really have to chance it out in the daytime again?

"Oh, sure...And Jen's got the knack of driving the van now."

"Gui should be here...Seems like he's spending a lot of time down in Mexico." She fusses a bit.

"His aunt just died the other day. They'll be back after the funeral, today, though it is a big estate to settle I understand. Guillermo's going to be loaded after this." Smiling nod of head.

"That's good." She beams. "He deserves it, he's worked very hard for our...Clients."

"Well, he can now retire if he likes..." grin. "Find a wife...Now it shouldn't be too hard."

"He'd never...I mean, he's so fond of our friends. They're like family to him, or so he's said." She notes, hastily.

And one of us is the only girl for our Chief Minion. But Sue's not the type to be shaken off easy. Nor would most guys with eyes in their heads want to.

"Dependent, demanding, unappreciative family, yeah. I don't know how he puts up with em, myself."

"He loves the...Them!" she notes, rather stridently. "As we all do!" pausing at his look.

"They're such nice people, I mean." She calms, glancing round. Fortunately no one close by in yet, the others either too far or busy on headphones to clients/potentials.