What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LIV...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LIV...

Guillermo's hotel room, Gran Ciudal Hotel, Mexico City...3:30 am...

Guillermo anxiously assisting a couple of downed members of the camera crew just arrived in Mexico, Phyllis glaring at them from her fixed post at his side...

"Phyl, please...Sue...It's ok..."

Susan standing now, in nightgown, tensely awake via adrenalin surge though starting to nod off...And rather confused though likewise in fierce guard mode by Guillermo...

"You jerks should let us know when you're around!" Phyllis, angrily, brushing back hair, smoothing suit. "You're lucky I didn't kill you, hiding out in my Boss' room!"

And you screwed my hopes for tonight, damn you...

"It's ok...Come on guys...Phyl...Sue, really it's ok. I'm fine." Guillermo trying to calm the waters...

"Ok...But why are they here?" Phyllis, grimly. "I thought they were just covering the Overlords..."

"What are...You here for...?" Sue eyes Phyllis, blearily...Frowning a little.

"To do what you're not up for, honey. Go back to sleep." Phyllis, offhand wave.

"Gui?" Susan turns to him. "Did I do something wrong...?"

"No, not at all...Just maybe you'd better go back to bed. I've got this." Guillermo notes, soothingly.

"No...What's going on? Why is she here?" Susan shakes head. Struggling to overcome the sleeping medication...

"She's here to help. It's ok."

"I still wanna know why these guys are here..." Phyllis frowns at the crew.

"They're just doing their jobs...Documenting everything." Guillermo insists. "It's fine...Just let them be. They have permission. It's important to your Mistress they do their jobs, Phyl. And we don't want trouble with the hotel staff."

Well...She relaxes slightly. "If you say so, Boss...I don't like it though..."

"Why is she here?" Susan, insistent now.

"Cause you're sleepin' when you should be protecting the Chief Minion." Phyllis, grimly, arms folded.

"Ladies..." Guillermo sighs. "You guys sure you're ok?" he addresses camera staff.

"Sorry if I was a little rough." Phyllis, now a bit nervous.

"You don't need to be here..." Susan, a bit heatedly, Phyllis whirling on her, furiously.

"Please...Ladies..." Guillermo hand out to each. "Not in front of the cameras..."

...

Jen, en route to the Residence in her car...Sunglasses, hair bunned, suit carefully brushed down...

"It's something, huh?" she smiles to camera. "It's really not that I think Ginny couldn't be self-sacrificing...She's always been that for her girls and her business...But geesh, ready to let one of us kill her? Just in a hope it might stop Dr. Van Helsing? Whoa... I mean I think I would if push came to shove...Die for Master Laszlo, sure. I know I would. Still...Impressive, huh? Not that it's all thrall and such...I think Ginny's right to hope it's something buried within, just brought to the surface. I mean people do give their lives for others, for causes...Maybe the thrall just focuses you? Anyway, I'm glad she's understood her Mistress doesn't want her to do that and I honestly think it would be no point. I don't think the Professor lies about things like that and the Overlords agree, so...Ooops...Davey on the phone, hang on, guys? Yo, daddy." She addresses phone.