What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXVI...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXVI...

"The Slayer...?" Ginny stares at the newly returned Jen as they sit in her office. Jen having urgently requested a meeting.

"The one the guys were telling us about... 'Buffy' reborn?"

"Sorta." Jen nods. "But it was Elisabeth and she died before the TV series. Joss Whedon was her nephew, I guess. She told him some stories when she used to babysit him and it went from there. That's what Master Laszlo knew and Althea says she has memories from that time. She was reborn only a few years after the last one died. Summoned, she said."

"So then she can die." Ginny, grimly. "I hope she remembers that, too."

"She can...She has...But she and Dracula share a trait. They always come back." Je n sighs. Wan smile... "Actually, Althea made a joke about that...Seems her dad was more or less killed several times, and she really has died many times."

"Then she can die again." Ginny, firmly. "Or back off. It's her choice."

"Gin...If we try to strike her, her dad and the whole Vampire Hunter Corps and the Watchers' Council...I guess there really is one, sorta...Will be down on our friends like a ton of bricks. And she's no pushover."

"She's human, she can die. She has died." Grim tone. "We should kill her asap. And tell Gui to go for Dracula..." Uh...

Both smiling wanly...

We love Gui, absolutely...But...

Guillermo vs Dracula?

"Well, Sue then." Ginny nods. "She'd rather take the risk then let Gui come to harm."

"I guess...But Gin?" Jen sighs. "Dracula? I think Sue's aces at the real estate game. But fighting and killing, Dracula?" The Dracula? And if we lose her and maybe Gui...?"

"Master Nandor would be hurt but..." Ginny looked away. "We can't just do nothing."

"It's the Chief Minion on the scene, shouldn't it be his call?" Jen eyes her. "After all, maybe he's trying to negotiate or just keep tabs... And Sue will listen to him, not us."

"Fine..." Ginny frowns. "He's the Boss, it's his call. But at least lets try to get him to let us know what he's up to down there. If he's trying to get a line on Dracula, that's fine but we should be in the loop."

"Maybe Dracula as Dr. Acura, was trying to get a line on him." Jen shrugs. "The aunt did know him, Sue confirmed that."

"I guess that could be, he might have known Gui was Nandor's minion and our Boss. Maybe he used the family connection to get close. But we can't keep doing nothing but watch and wait." Ginny, tensely.

"That can be the best policy, Gin. It would make sense if that's what Gui is doing. Finding out why Dracula's keeping close to him."

"And you know we'll have a hard time of it, here. Althea's the Slayer and it seems the one who keeps getting called back because she's that good."

"Let her be called back again..." Ginny, sternly. "We don't want her help. She, her father, the whole kit and kaboodle could just leave us alone."

"She says she can't. They can't."

"Then it's her call and her consequences. Jen? What's up here?" frown... "Are you in or out?"

Long sigh...

"You know I'm in. I can't not be, even if it hurts David and Suzie." Sigh. "But Ginny, you've had the sense to see it's not just a matter of dying for our Masters and Mistress. Anyone can do that. That won't save them."