What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XXIII...

Part XXIII...

Colin, at his temp's cubicle, pausing from his computer...

"So Eloise and I had a quick meeting with Ginny and she confirmed that no blood orgy was planned. We also managed to reach Laszlo and Jennifer on Jen's phone...They're stuck in traffic but should be in the garage across the street soon, then they just have to get over here...Probably should have done this last night, guys...And Nadja ordered Ginny to confirm what she'd said and Jen agreed to let Eloise have ten percent of her commission on the new place, so long as she does a night survey and drives off any troublemakers. Probably not a bad idea in any case and Nandor wanted to make a friendly gesture to the Staten Island Werewolf Support Group. Which probably won't do any good but can't hurt, unless they demand access to the estate for night running... Anyway, truce. Though Eloise is going to be watching the guys and promises to call in her posse if we start any orgying. Is it 'orgying' or 'orging'?" smile.

"The work's going fine. Our stuff is all set for now. Gwen is very well-organized though I've already caught several questionable transactions in the files. Seems the local mayor likes to invest in real estate without having the cash or credit to do so... And I've been feeding en masse off these energetic and ambitious, mostly...And mostly, young...Women, so it has been a great morning so far."

...

Cut to Eloise, glancing over to Colin's cubicle from her own...

Narrow stare to us...

"That release form I signed had better hold up. If my kids find out I'm a werewolf because of you guys, fear the night, boys. And no little crucifix or vamp friends are gonna save ya." glare, then sigh.

"But, sorry if I'm getting on my hinds, I'm very protective of my little ones. Did you guys get some of Wanda's donuts? She always brings in the best, the ones from downtown? Yeah, they're the bomb." Warm smile. "So, tell me...Is it freakin' crazy hanging with these dudes? I mean, vampires...I don't want to promote hate but really, some of them are not people you can deal with easy. Some, sure...They're cool. And Roy kinda likes that Mr. Cravensworth and his garden, he was sorry it got pissed on. It's just what we do, in the shadows." Smile. "But lets remember, some of these girls are friends of mine so I will be watchin' to see your gang keeps their word. Nice job though with Ginny, very light touch, I like that...She's functionally independent still, not drooling and groveling around the way some get when not out in public. And, to be honest..." she leans close... "The girl needed a little 'moral reinforcement' and I did notice she's been telling the girls not to push so hard with the titties, if you pardon my French. Which is good. Plus, got my ten percent on Fieldersen..." gleeful clenching of hands, beaming grin. "But I'm not tryin' to cheat Jen here, I'll do my share and then some, no worries. It's just really nice to have that coming in right now, the kids are nearly done with school and it will be a big help with our vacation and even a little college and rainy day money. So, so far, so good. How about some coffee?" friendly beam.

....

Ginny, in her office, at computer...Worried look, a bit wan...

"I'd no idea Eloise Knieve was a werewolf...Kinda makes your head spin, you know?" sigh. "But I hope she's satisfied with what I and the Mistress and Master Laszlo told her as to today's 'activities'. It'll be fine, no one's gonna die, hopefully, and I can tell you, enthrallment is rapture..." blissful smile. "Phyl, Gwen...And I've recommended Susan, a really top-notch girl, and Martha, my secretary, be taken...Are very lucky ladies, I'm sure. I hope the Mistress regards any of them she takes as my gift to her, along with everyone else she drains." Wan smile.

"Just in case, I've been looking on the Net at how you kill or enthrall...Cause I think Eloise enthralled would be a very good guard for my Mistress...A werewolf. It's hard to get reliable stuff but I think you can do it by silver bullet, silver club, fire, gunshot through the heart if you really blast them, silver knife through the heart...I'm not sure if regular steel or iron can do it...All of the above plus infection or head crushing blow when human...Amputation of head or torso, explosion if enough to really tear the body up, especially in human form. There was a story about a local werewolf who fell to his slow and painful death from a high building around here.., As to enthrallment, it's possible if she's in human form..." slight glance to camera, nod. "But according to what I can find it won't hold when she reverts unless the vampire is really powerful on mind control. Even then there's tendency to revert and a previously mind-controlled werewolf is a pretty pissed independent werewolf. I'll need to check with the Mistress on this."

Buzz...

"Yeah, Martha? Ok, put her through...Sorry, guys, I have to take this..." she eyes camera.

...

"See...I told you." Laszlo, patting Nadja as she sits up in minivan now safely parked in garage across from the Zeller Properties' office. "No problem..." Eyeing himself on reversed image on Jen's cell phone in the relatively modern business suit Jennifer had purchased for him, suggesting, with careful politeness, it might be wise to appear in the guise of a modern business type for the transactions with humans on the new property.

"Not too bad...But this material is rather thin, though it is lighter and cooler than broadcloth."

"You look great, Master Laszlo." Guillermo nods. "I like the new hat."

Laszlo patting his new Homburg. "Yes, that is rather nice. You know I had one of these years ago, after I had seen some film where a very powerful man kills at will via his minions. Lovely film, and the hero...Or villain, not quite sure, was very nicely dressed."

"Yes, these are very interesting clothes..." Nandor, in his suit. "Not exactly a cape but there is a certain elegance..." he makes sweeping move in open suit. "And I agree, Guillermo...These are quite nice hats. Do all powerful human males wear them now?" he asks Jen.

"The wealthy and powerful ones do, for business...If they want to look like old money conservative...I thought that was really your and Master Laszlo's look." She nods.

"You know it's funny how I can see myself here and on those photographic things but not in a mirror." Laszlo notes. "I once wrote to a scientist who studied optics, around 1875, about this, under an assumed name, of course...He wrote back that I should perhaps consult a priest or a physician. Which I did but neither wrote me back, very rude of them."

"I could ask for you, Master." Jen offers. "David's a biologist and he could check with some friends who like to speculate on the occult. I could say someone asked it on a vampire forum and I was curious if there were a scientific answer?"

"Vampire forum? Really? On the Interiornet?" Laszlo, intrigued. "I must check that out, probably quite a lot of old friends...Well, acquaintances..." Nadja eyeing him.

"Well, acquaintances whom I tried to kill or cheat..." shrug.

"I've been to many. There's not a lot of accurate stuff there." Guillermo notes. "I think it's mostly fans of 'Buffy' and 'Twilight', maybe a few who've read 'Dracula' or watched vampire movies."

"Christopher Lee...Ohhhh..." Nadja swoons. Laszlo also looking a bit swoony.

"Well, David's friends could get a scientific answer...If you'd like, Master." Jen, glance to Guillermo...

They like Christopher Lee?

Who knew? His shrug back...

"No one has a word about my outfit?" Nadja, miffed tone as she stands, Laszlo quickly and gallantly twirling her about in her new red power suit and skirt. Sunglasses in place, hair styled as best Jen could manage.

"Lovely, my dear." Laszlo beams.

"Indeed...A bit revealing on the ankles...And the legs...Is that thigh?" Nandor notes, a bit perturbed. But it is the modern style, just a bit shocking to see Nadja embracing it.

"Let me see...Oh..." Nadja, taking Jen's phone. "I look like Jacqueline O, without pill hat. Oh, Jennifer, very nice choice, thank you."

"I live to serve, Mistress Nadja." Jen bows.

"You'll forgive my little outburst before?" Nadja, winsome tone. "I was just nervous about dying a horrible death in flames."

"Of course, ma'am. Please don't apologize, I'm just so grateful you allow me to serve you all." Jen beams.

"Well, now...We modern plutocrats have a business meeting to attend, don't we, Mrs. Steinecke?" Laszlo, swinging umbrella. "Mrs. Cravensworth, my dear?" offering arm. "Mr. Relentless? Shall we?"

Nandor bowing gallantly. "It is an honor to help escort your lovely wife to this event."

"Just a bit longer, Master, Master Laszlo, Ginny says the clouds outside are moving in now." Guillermo, peering at his own cell, a present from Jen.

A good chief familiar needs proper tech, she'd noted sweetly in presenting it.