What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LVI...

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LVI...

"You were saying you want to negotiate..." Ginny eyes Simon in his swivel chair, just brought in by Anne the intern...

"Common threat, dear heart..." he smiles. "So, your Masters do know about Dr. Van Helsing manifesting in the area."

"You've seen him?"

"No, thank whoever..." mock anxious wave... "But he's been seen, heard, and well...I can tell you the Vampiral Council is trembling in their all-too-often very unchic boots, for reasons understandable..." sigh. "Ginny? Shall we be honest with each other? As honest as a vampiral Lord and a groveling bag of human meat can be to each other? I know he's appeared to your 'friends'."

"And you know that how?"

"We'll need to be further along in our negotiations before I reveal my sources or other info. But you must know...Your Lords and Lady must have told you...I have my people everywhere. In the tri-state area..."

Buzz...

"Sorry..." Ginny presses button as Simon waves a hand graciously... "Yes, Anne?"

"The film crew's here...They're asking to see you?" yawn over phone.

"Sorry, I'm a little tired. Should I have them wait?"

"Just a mo..." Ginny put down phone.

"The cameras are here?!" Simon eagerly... "Let them in, by all means...Ah...Yes, all human..." he nods, having sensed. "It's fine, Victor. Don't kill anyone. Ginny's not done anything foolish. Though..." smile. "I do sense another presence...One I caught a wiff of when we came in...Not exactly our kind but..."

Victor, tensing...Lesley as well...

"Colin Robinson works here...On the paperwork for selling their place..." Ginny nods. "That's all..."

"I see...Yes, he was always the fine...Clerk. All right...He was here after all. I'll let it pass. But you shouldn't keep those wonderful film people waiting..." He rose, urging her up as well. Ginny rising and making for the door...

"But..." he was at her side, she jumping a bit involuntarily... "If he tries to drain us dry...I will not kill you, I'll take you...And a double thralled human is a very sad sight to see. Madness is inevitable, death an agony shortly after... And I hate to imagine what triple thrall would be like if I had Victor join in." broad smile.

"He's just doing his job...As I am." Ginny, firmly.

"Fine then..." stepping away.

She went to the door and opened, inviting the crew in...Colin waving to them, smiling at her...

Outside, the various staffers in office, looking down to her office...

Now she lets them right into her office...?

"They have got to be feds..."Billie notes to Angie.

...

"Eloise...!" Erika, standing in corner of office building across from Zeller Properties to the cautiously approaching Eloise, just emerged from her car in that lot, having arranged to meet.

"You ok?" carefully appraising... "See anyone from Devious' crew?"

"Fine...And no one I can tell...Only humans around..." Erika noted... "And they seem to be about their business... Are you sure he's there?"