What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XXVIII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XXVIII...

"So I guess things are going well. They're meeting the history guys tomorrow at Ms. Zeller's office and that will probably be the last thing to settle, really, before they close the deal..." sigh. "I'm sorry if I'm not quite myself..." Guillermo sighs to us. "There's something weighing on me as you know, from the other day. Not that I really have any reason to be down, I know, I mean less than a month ago I was the only familiar... And while I wouldn't say I was unhappy, it was lonely sometimes and there was a lot for me to do alone...And I had several cracked ribs and bones and such. Now here I am, chief familiar with a staff, most of them very nice...No , now that Phyllis seems to respect me more, I would say they're all very nice... I should be pretty happy... And Susan has even told me she likes me and would like me to ask her out... Wow. Of course she's enthralled to Master Nandor and so kinda sees me as his deputy sort of, but she did tell me that she honestly does find me sweet and has always liked shy, slightly geeky guys. She was even a LARPer for a bit till she got too busy at work." Wan smile. "Maybe that's true...Though as I told her, she can't really judge all that clearly now, given her enthrallment. Still, she's very nice, and Jen says she really always was nice to all kinds of guys, and that's all fine."

"But it's the other thing weighing me down a little..." sigh.

.....

Susan in residence, dusting library shelves in old blouse and slacks...Hair tied up...

"So is Guillermo ok? He seems a little down and you guys know him better than I do. I hope he wasn't put off by my asking him to ask me out? I know some guys feel embarrassed when the woman makes the first move but he seemed to need a push and Jen agrees with me on that. You don't think he thinks it's just the enthrallment talking?" anxious look over her pretty features. "I mean, sure, he is Master Nandor's representative and chief familiar but I really do like him, you know? It's true, in the past I would have considered his financial status a bit of a negative, though I know Master Nandor would take care of him that way...But it never stopped me from finding guys like him...A little shy, a little geeky, maybe, but really sweet and smart too...Very appealing." Warm smile.

"Believe you me, I've no use for guys who spend the day in the gym except where they're in the office till eight or nine making deals but mostly chasing skirts when not admiring themselves in the mirror. I dated a few once or twice and got out of that as fast as I could. God..." sigh.

"I mean, I know I look good and I like that and try to keep myself up...You may have noticed Ginny selected a few of us on our looks as well as our skills, though she didn't take anyone who couldn't toe the mark, businesswise...But I have always tried to look beyond the surface. I mean, we have to see how we get on but, we're both free and clear...I unloaded a true dickhead, a couple of weeks ago, so...We work together and I see he's a hard worker which I like ...I'm actually also into sci-fi and fantasy stuff, though until I was enthralled I was more of a 'Buffy' person...We like poetry and reading and music...We adore Master Nandor...We like working outdoors and remodeling and fixing up indoors, and he is cute, really, so why not? And if we're taken as vampires, we're a good match for a vampiral couple like Master Laszlo and Mistress Nadja. He was taken, after all, and look at them now..." fond smile.

"Anyway, if you do hear anything from him, try to let him know this isn't all enthrallment talking..." she notes. "Though if it is anything else, I'd like to help him with it, if I can, so..." shrug.

....

Jen, in attic, checking round a bit and jotting notes for the packing of certain items Laszlo had asked her to secure...