What We Do in The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXI

What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..."

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXI...

"Do they have to be in here?" Martha fumes at the camera as Jen continues driving and fielding occasional questions from the film crew regards recent events. "They're in the way...We ought to stop and have them leave!" she insists. "They can come back to the house later, if they have to..."

"It's our pledged agreement, Martha..." Nandor's voice from under the rug in the rear of the van. "They are granted our full access."

"Indeed, this is by our decision, Miss Martha." Laszlo notes. "Posterity should have a full and complete account of us."

"It's fine, Martha. Let them be." Nadja calls. "Their friends were good to come and check on my Ginny..."

"If you say so, Master." Martha, stressing the "Master" pointedly. Jen sighing...Martha.

Newbie enthrallees...Always trying to score points with their owner.

...

"Well, Simon...You're free to leave. Sorry we got a little rough there." Ginny notes to Devious, now seated back in her office. "Our friends agree to your offer of an alliance and want you to call at nine tonight. Here's the number..." she offers slip which he takes with annoyed look.

"Be glad I'm a big person and able to see the broad picture, Ms. Zeller..." he frowns... "Could Robinson possibly back off a little?"

"Very little till you leave...Colin?" Ginny turns to Colin who smiles...

"Sure...I'll tune back a little."

"Just don't make any moves..." Eloise in T-shirt and jeans by Ginny eyes him sternly. Erika in her suit, by Eloise likewise regarding sternly.

"Werewolves, vampires, and enthralled humans working together...How inspiring..." Simon sneers, glaring at Eloise who struggles to repress a snarl...

"Down girl..." he glares.

"El..." Ginny as Eloise fumes. "We're trying to keep it stable here. Simon? There'll no call for that sort of hate."

"Sorry...My nature will out sometimes." Simon shrugs. "I apologize, girlfriend." Airy wave as he sets his grey top hat on head once again.

"It's cool..." Eloise, calmly. "Just keep it businesslike."

"Ah, to Business...The true peacemaker...All right then...Let me call some transport." Simon pulls phone.

"Ok, but they meet you at the door. They do not enter and no more than two come out to help you." Ginny insists.

"Fine." Grim tone. "I'll even see they're mere humans."

"Big concession...Considering any of your vamps would go poof or have to stumble around in mummy wrappings to carry you out." Colin smiles.

Simon offering angry grimace... "I lost a dear friend and a talented cow and other friend today...I think I deserve a little consideration for my gracious attitude."

"I'm authorized to drop the price 250K...Compensation." Ginny, shrewd look.

"Done." Simon beams. "A pleasure doing business with you, Virginia, as always. I'll have my lawyer fax you the formal offer and arrange an earnest money transfer."

"Well...We do have another buyer checking the place today. Very motivated." Ginny eyes him. "But I'm sure my Overlords will go with you if you're sure..."