What We Do In The Shawdows: "Jen..." Part XII..

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XII...

Saturday, 5:30pm...

"It's really neat to be included in the Cravensworths' documentary like this..." Jen beams at camera as she drives. "You guys really get into your work I see. I wouldn't have expected to be important enough for you to follow around but I think I get that you want to trace my development as a familiar, right?" Nod, adjusting sunglasses.

"I'm headed over to our office to get the keys to the property I was showing to the guys on my phone yesterday. I promised I'd either bring Ginny over to discuss things or get the keys. She was a little reluctant but after she reviewed Mr. Cravensworth's credit info this morning after I called her, she was pretty willing to go ahead. I wonder how he managed such a great credit history and bank account info? Is it from his family? He did tell me his family had owned a castle in England but they were all gone so far as he knew after he died." She eyes camera. "Well, he has been around a long time, maybe Gui can tell me more. We will have to be sure after all the transactions will hold up so I need to know if anything's faked. Ginny does want to meet them but she's got some family things so will come by on Monday evening." Sigh. "Think, between us, her daughter's in trouble again at school and she's driving out to lay down the law to her. Elsie is a good kid but she tends to think she can get away with murder...And she's not a vampire..." teasing smile.

"Suzette had such a nice time today at the park with us." fond beam. "They had this arts and crafts fair? Annual thing... So we took her and she got her face painted and got to finger paint a little. She's very talented if a mom may say so herself..." smile. "I promised David I'd only be out two hours as he's cooking a nice meal for us. Northern Italian, actually." Grin. "His dad's mom's side."

"I think I can let the guys in and let them wander round and lock up later. Though I have to remind them there is a security team and they shouldn't kill any of them. I'll clear them with the guard booth when we go in." she pulled into the Zeller Properties lot and up to the door ramp, hopping out quickly, dressed rather casually in sundress, hair bound up in band, sunglasses perched.

....

Inside office doorway, camera sweeping around the cubicles and offices...

"Well, this is Zeller Properties...Uh, I have to ask you not to film in here, I don't think Ginny would like it and until she's enthralled probably best not to get her riled. Ah, there's the keys..." Camera cuts out.

....

6 pm...The community manor...Just outside Laszlo and Nadja's crypt...

"I am bursting with anticipation..." Laszlo, decked out in the black suit he'd worn to the club a few days earlier. "I think it's safe to say we all are, really. A new place, modern, nicely isolated with some acreage. I think even Baron Afanas will be impressed, a clear testament to our rising dominion. Nadja?! Jen will be coming soon! Are you nearly ready, darling?!"

"Yes, I'm nearly ready! You've been asking for the last hour!" Nadja's voice from within the crypt.

"Sorry! Just don't want to keep Jen waiting, she'll need to get back home soon."

Cut to Nadja, prepping within crypt...

"So now we can't keep our familiars 'waiting'?" frown as she works on eyelashes with heavy mascara. "I knew that whore would have Laszlo wrapped around her little finger, just like Milly all over again, except for the child...And the husband..." sneer. "I can guess what he's like. Another Laszlo, running about, waiting on her hand and foot, utterly humiliated." Eyes us. "I don't do that, myself, of course."