What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXXXVIII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXXXVIII...

[Note-Naturally we are diverging from the new season storyline into AU territory]

...

"So, what's up...?" Eloise eyes camera. "I rate a tab segment, huh?" she beamed, rather elegant in her black and gold gown, hair piled as she preens a bit, smiling. A team of two of the documentary crew having requested a moment with her, alone on the residence's terrace.

"Sorry...Just kidding." She puts up a hand. "Don't mean to imply you two are the scrub team, it's actually nice you want my take on things. The non-vamp, but supernatural pov, right?" grin.

"Though it's good there's no full moon..." wry smile, pausing.

"So...I suppose..." she looks away. "You folks think I'm pretty callous, not trying to do something for the others, huh? I mean that's part of why you wanna speak with me, alone, right?" Careful eyeing...

"The fact is..." she pauses. "I've considered it from the moment I sensed Jen and Ginny were in thrall. You can believe that or no, nothing off my back. But the fact is, I saw they weren't being abused per se...Though you don't have to tell me it's slavery, however happy the ladies may feel for the moment. Or that they'll likely blame me almost as much as their vamps and poor Guillermo for all the humiliation when and if they're freed. But...I'm dead, you know." Wan smile, shrug.

"Much as I may look pretty lively. And a dead girl/werewolf with two little ones has to make tough choices. I could've tried to fight them, maybe I should've...But three vamps plus enthrallees plus a minion...Not to mention Colin, whatever his game is? I'll likely have wound up dead undead or some weird version of vamp slave. And, God forgive me, I can't let that happen." Sigh.

"I have tried to look out for the girls..." nervous look... "I wouldn't've put up with anything rough or perverse. And I know some of the harem..." grin. "Well, almost harem, considered me someone to watch and if I looked the wrong way, kill. I wouldn't have liked to have to take them on, poor kids. All the thrall-induced adrenalin in the world wouldn't have saved them from me in rage form.",,,wry smile. "If it had come or comes, to the line, I'd do what I could to help em. But the likelihood is they'd be dead and my kids would be short one mom, however bad a mom I maybe. And, the fact is..." she looks about carefully, one of the two camera persons looking about as well, curious.

"I believe there's somethin' going on here...This stuff with Van Helsing, the Slayer...A sister, you know? Nice..." grin...Then serious regard...

"The Doctor Dracula...Acura, whatever...This is happening for a reason. And I think, whatever they are, these vamps...The Cravenworths and Nandor, at least, are looking for help. These aren't your typical vamps, I tell ya. I know I may be prejudiced or biased a little but most vamps couldn't care less for their minions or their victims, so long as they get what they want." Pantomiming biting a neck... "And they enjoy humiliating their groupies, enthrallees, victims, whatever. These folks don't. They care. Frankly they almost seem human again at times. And I know enough about vamps to know that's unusual." Nod.

"There are stories passed around, about vamps looking to be redeemed. One guy they say saw a baby turned into a vamp and I guess it broke him. He wouldn't kill anymore, he just wanted to find the one who turned that kid and destroy him. What? You've seen him? At the damned Vamp Council? Wow." She stares.

"So was he really? Really?" nod. "They said he was torn up by it...And there are other stories. See, we of the furred persuasion can't 'redeem'. We don't lose our souls...I mean we get a better deal in some ways. We can eat. We can get round in daylight. If we're careful, hell, we can practically seem human, most of the time. But it's a little hard, hearin' the vamps might have a way out...A way back, if the Dracula stuff is true." She pauses to eye a questioning camerawoman.