What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part LXXXVIII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part LXXXVIII...

Guillermo alone in his hotel room...Susan kindly having offered to join Phyllis in the one next door they'd taken rather than press her claim as fiancee...

"Well, I guess Dr. Acura wanted to check up on me and see I wasn't fleeing the city or something. I don't think Master Nandor would have contacted him about my leaving his service but..." shrug. "His daughter's very nice...Althea, nice name. Dracula's adopted daughter...Must be wonderful to regain all that. His redemption I mean...Though it's too bad his wife can't be with him yet for whatever reason. Some kind of Purgatory thing, maybe?" raising of eyebrows.

"And she's the Slayer..." shakes head. "I guess I take orders from her when we go to the finale? It's confusing but I guess my role is that I'm someone my old Master and the others trust...And I guess...I sorta know, really...It's crucial that I be there if they're to achieve Redemption, however it'll sort out. Will they be like Dr. Acura? Human but still kinda super or un, whatever...And Immortal, apparently?  Wish we could sit down and he could explain more of this to me... I'm afraid I'll get confused and muck everything up at the last minute..."

He eyes a questioning member of the crew...

"Sure..." shrug. "I've thought of just running...Even taking the girls and just telling them their orders from the guys are to go with me and run, keep them safe till it's all over...Anywhere. I'm rich now, after all..." Wan smile. "Thanks, Auntie."

"But..." shrug. "This is my friends' existence in the balance...If I'm not there, this effort may fail and I can't let it fail."

Yeah...Nod to a follow-up question... "I know I'll lose Susan the moment she comes out of thrall...But she's not mine, after all. She's just under a spell the side effect of makes me appealing, in some weird way. If she kills me or has me arrested, if I live...It's only what I deserve, right?" wince at the still faces.

"You guys could lie to me..." he notes, ruefully.

Tap at his door...

"Sue?" he opens door to find an apologetic-looking Althea Acura shyly smiling at him.

"Sorry to bother you, Mr. De la Cruz..."

...

Quite late...For the living...

Less so for the Undead...

"Our reception is set for eight tomorrow night..." Laszlo in the new living room, enjoying the bouncy delight of their new sofa, tells the camera. "But we have just received a remarkable invitation to the social event of the vampiral social season...Or should it be the vampiral social event of the social season?"

"Yes, so exciting..." Nadja, beside him, beaming...After quick hiss to keep the throw blanket Jen had thoughtfully provided under his ever dusty trousers... "It seems the Vampiral Council has taken us back into the folds of its embrace...This may be a way to avoid giving up our wonderful new home if we can forge an alliance against Drs'. Acura and his ghost pal Van Helsing, Ms. Dracula the Slayer, and their Vampire Hunter Corps."

"And...They made it clear that Simon The Devious is not responsible for this invite..." Laszlo notes, holding up handsomely engraved invitation card with post-it note... "Just to let you fellows know, this is not a deception of Simon The Devious, he's Dead Undead to us. Looking forward to seeing you, toodles.- Tilda, Chairperson, the Vampiral Council of Greater New York, Ltd."

See...? He nods shrewdly.

...

"Yes, I am still in here..." Jacqueline/the Nadja Soul Doll nods at camera as she strolls, occasionally poking at objects with duster in hand, accent again returned to her voice. "After that invitation from the Council, I felt it best to stay..." Coy smile and sigh to question... "Well, yes, I am enjoying being in human form in rather pretty body. Indeed, it can be addictive so I will not stay long..." sigh. "But this sudden display of friendship from the Vampires Council worries me. They may want an alliance if they know about Van Helsing and Dracula but...It worries me. These sort tend to run and hide when true danger strikes, despite all their arrogant boasting about their Immortality and powers and all that. Why would they risk contacting ostracized vampires they tried to kill, let alones invites them to a night at their theater? This has the smell and sound of trap to me." Frown.