What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XIV...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XIV...

The enormous living room of the Fielderson estate...Night...

"Look at that..." Laszlo, fascinated as Jen turns the large floor to ceiling windows to opaque and then to opaque outside only then transparent...

"Amazing..." Nandor stares. "And you say the middle setting lets light in but denies the meddlesome any view from outside?"

"That's right..." Jen nods. "Though we might want to put in a new control that only goes to full opaque and locks, to prevent any accidents...."

"Yes...I know Laszlo could easily fry himself fooling about the controls..." Nadja notes, to his frown... "Come, you know you love to fool with control things and you always ruin the good settings, look at our television back home."

"I fixed that, it's much better now..." Laszlo protests.

"This could have been very useful in my day as a general...For concealment of forces and supplies." Nandor reflects.

"Is Mr. Robinson all right in the pool like that?" Guillermo stares out the again transparent window.

"He's fine, he can do that float for hours...He doesn't really need to breathe." Laszlo notes.

"And we don't need to see him...Jennifer, if you would...?" Nandor indicates the windows, she turning them back to opaque.

"Oh, you should be going Jen. Doesn't your husband have dinner waiting?" Laszlo, solicitously.

"Yes, and your daughter should not go to bed without Mama present..." Nadja agrees.

"Well...If you're sure you can see all you want around the place...?" Jen, hesitantly.

"Absolutely...And we'll leave the keys with the guard on the way out." Laszlo nods, shaking keys in his hand. "We can handle it."

"Yes, my dear...Go...And have a very nice evening with your family." Nandor, benevolently. "This place is wonderful. You have served your master and all of us well." Nod. She beaming.

"Thanks...I live to serve...And I love all of you." She bows. "I'll get Ginny over tomorrow night and we'll get moving on this...So long as you're sure you're happy with the place. Remember, if there's anything you don't like or feel is quite right, I can take care of it. And of course, we'll do a full inspection with an expert when things get rolling."

"We'll do a very careful check and let you know any concerns...Have a wonderful evening, my dear." Laszlo beams.

"Gui? You get some rest too." Jen pats him as she heads for the door.

"Thanks. I will." He beams.

"And tell Mr. Robinson it was so nice to finally meet him and I'm glad he likes the pool..." Jen calls from the door and then heads out, closing.

"Will do that." Laszlo, waving grandly.

"Kiss the little one for me, child..." Nadja calls.

"I will!" Jen's voice through door.

"The palace may be acceptable..." the Baron's familiar suddenly appeared in the living room doorway, addressing Nandor who jumped a bit. "What rooms will be reserved for the Baron?"

....

"I'm so relieved they all seem to like the place..." Jen, in her car, adjusting rear-view mirror. "I know being from Europe and so experienced, they've seen a lot of places and this could have seemed like...'Eh'...But they liked it!" she beams.