What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XXI

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XXI...

Zeller Properties...Second morning after...

"Gwen?" Ginny in pink business suit, crucifix chain barely visible above white blouse. "This is Colin Robinson..." indicates Colin in his beige suit who nods with smile. "He'll be temping a few days to help with the Fieldersen estate sale."

"Hey, Gwen...I understand you handle the earnest money and cash transfer paperwork here and most of the mortgage work...? I specialize in international and high-end mortgage work. Are you familiar with the actuarial code on French mortgages? I gather Mr. Cravensworth has some of his money there and will be using it in the purchase..." pleasant smile.

Gwen eyeing Colin carefully...

"We suddenly need extra help? And yeah, I either know it by heart or know where to get it, buddy."

"Great, then we should really enjoy working together..." smile.

Especially after you've been drained a few pints...He does not say.

"It's a big deal, Gwen and I don't want things tied up unnecessarily. The Cravensworths are hot on this and we want to please them." Ginny, a bit anxious.

"Don't we work for the seller here?" Gwen, a tad sarcastic.

I know we work for whomever forks over but...

"Well, of course...But they're already pleased with the deal and we want to make sure everyone's happy and things move along."

"I get that...This was quite a white elephant." Gwen, a bit less annoyed now...Colin's feeding having a tranquillizing effect.

And Colin's not unattractive in his creepy and quietly strange way...To the middle-aged Gwen...

"I'm sure we'll enjoy our time together. I know I will." Colin beams. "Just show me where I sit and where the files are..."

"Sure...Fine..." Gwen shrugs at Ginny's look. Leading Colin off, he greeting several agents in their cubicles cheerily.

"Who's the dick in beige?" Phyllis hisses to Ginny as she passes by her cubicle.

"An accounts temp I hired to help with the Fieldersen deal and the Cravensworth sale. Try to be polite Phyl, he's a financial wiz." Ginny frowns. "Oh and can you tell everyone the Cravensworths are coming in today?...Just slip the word around to be on toes, in case people fail to see my emails, we want them to trust us. It's a big deal on both ends."

"Is it that far along? So fast?" Phyllis stares. "I never thought that place would move quick."

"That's why we want them to be happy, Phyl. Just pass the word along, ok? Best foot forward and all that. They should be in at eleven."

"Sure. Congrats. Jen does it again, eh?"

"Well, I hope I helped here." Ginny notes, wan smile. "But yeah, she did a terrific job. Don't be catty, Phyl, it's good for all of us and I'm the one who has to split."

"No..." hand up. "I'm still recovering from Jen offering Erika thirty percent on the Meisner. Sincere congrats all around." Wry smile. Hmmn...She stares at the front door as documentary crew enters.

"What the...? Are they back again?" she eyes Ginny. Susan, another agent, fairly new, in her twenties but quite the eager beaver, ambitious type in dark blue suit, pale yellow blouse, coming over, anxious to learn the latest...

"Is that the film crew from the other day? The ones who work for Cravensworth, you said, Ginny?" Susan, staring over.

Phyl sardonically waving, "Hey fellas. Welcome back."