What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XLIII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XLIII...

The old residence, the "fancy" room...

"Nice bedside manner, that vampire slayer doc..." Colin smiles thinly at the group, collectively rather nervous, he notes to himself with considerable pleasure, raking in the psychic energy at mild rate.

Nothing like getting the best of everything...And the better of everyone...

"He did seem very pleasant..." Laszlo agrees, eager to calm the very anxious Nadja.

"Of course he probably always acts that way just before giving the dying patient or pitiful evil-possessed wretch vampire that fatal sip or stake." Colin beams.

"Mr. Robinson?!" Ginny, Jen... "Herr Robinson!" Erika, annoyed.

Who's that...? Jacqueline asks Nadja quietly. "Do I gotta kiss his ass, too, Mistress?"

"Most certainly not..." Nadja hisses back. "Enough, Colin Robinson...And stop draining us. You should go to your room."

"Sure...Not like I'm on the hit/stake list..." grin. Colin rising and leaving...

Nice that Van Helsing's compassionate about it, really...Revenge is actually a dish best served warm and fuzzy with a lot of time to contemplate it.

...

Coming into Mexico City...

"I'm sorry I can't tell you all about what I'm trying to do but Dr. Acura isn't out to harm Master Nandor or the others. He's just giving me info about some things, though he is a friend of my auntie's." Guillermo eyes Susan's worried but open and loving face...

"I don't understand how a friend of your family's...Were you all minions of vampires? Is that a family tradition?"

"It's a tradition of ours for some of us to be associated with them, yeah." Guillermo nods. "Sue, you'll just have to trust me on this. And believe that I want the best for the guys and you."

"I do, Gui. Just keep me informed as best you can. I want to help." She sighs. "And I don't want you hurt, so try not to be a hero, unless it's to save them. And if you do, I want in."

"Sure. I doubt any of them would see me a hero..." he nods.

"Stop that." She frowns. "It should be enough that I think you are." Stern look.

"Though you underestimate how our Overlords think about you. It's just their nature not to dish out the praises, mostly. They love you, Gui. I know they do. You know they do."

"I suppose I do..." he notes, wistfully.

"Then no more down on yourself...Ok? Even if they didn't feel that way, I do and that's enough. Besides, in some ways I prefer you thinking it's just me on team Gui." Smile.

"And let me keep an eye on this doctor guy. I know there's more to him than human." She insists.

"If you like, but don't press him too hard, Sue. I can say he really is trying to help here."

"Ok...I'll leave that call to you, but I still want to watch him." Nod then clasping his left hand in her right. "So, what are the ground rules here? Can I meet the family? Can I say we're seein' each other? You know, I bet they have nice rings in the airport shops here." Smile...

"What...Rings?" Guillermo blinks.

"Just sayin..." grin.

...