What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part XLVII..

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part XLVII...

Nandor, in uniform, seated in the living (more or less) room awaiting a possible attack and mentally preparing for surrender and potential self-sacrifice.

"I was glad to speak to Miss Virginia and Miss Jen for perhaps a last time..." he notes, dignified tone. "They have promised to very carefully inform Martha when the time, if necessary, should come. Though I imagine should I be destroyed, she would be free of my influence and not too inclined to grieve."

Slight wince at sound of shutter banging slightly...Camera briefly swinging to doorway...

Nothing. As Nandor immediately confirms...Reaching out...

"More likely to dance on your ashes..." Colin notes with smile to camera.

I know I will...

Though I seriously doubt battle or abject surrender looms...Tonight, anyway...

...

The Zeller Realty building...Ginny's office...

"Hey, Davy..." Jen speaks into cell. "I'm on my way but Gin and I had one thing to do at the office, I'll be home in a jiff, promise. Suzie doing good? Great...Yeah...Hey, sweetie. How's my little love? Mommy'll be home soon."

Ginny setting out the holy implements on her desk...Carefully handling the box with the Host wrapped up in a towel to avoid burning her hand. Glancing over at Jen pacing with phone...

"We're ready, Jen..."

Mistress, I know you love Jen and I do too, but if I must, I must...To save you... She thinks.

But how does one kill a person? Especially a big girl like Jen who probably can draw on adrenalin in thralled state...

Though I guess I can too...Just wait and see if she goes into a trance? But I don't want to do this unless I'm sure he's there, after all.

Then...Maybe the realty award for 2009? She eyes said plaque on wall near desk. It's pretty hefty...One good slam to the head, then maybe strangle her? Or just keep whackin' away?

"Ok, bye sweetie. Davey? Love ya, home soon...Yes, I promise." Jennifer blowing kiss into phone and closing.

"Sorry, all set..."

"Suzie ok?" Ginny seated at her desk now, motioning for Jen to take the seat in front of the desk.

"Yeah, Dave's keeping her up just a bit later for me. I hope this won't take long. Try to make it speedy, eh, Doc?" she calls, smiling at Ginny.

"Not that I won't take as long as we need..."

"I know." Ginny nods. "And I know you love them...Lets just do whatever we can here, ok?"

"Sure...What should we do?" Jen looks about, carefully avoiding the box with the Host, still wrapped in towel and the church reader Ginny had set down, it wrapped in plastic which Ginny was carefully pulling away, without touching the book itself.

"Master Nandor just concentrated and Van Helsing came to you..." Ginny notes. "Lets just try to clear our minds and call out to the Doctor. Let me just turn the lights down..." she rose and dimmed the office lights.

"Ok, concentrate on Dr. Van Helsing..." she commands as she sits back down. "And lets take hands..." she reaches for Jen's with hers.

"Right..." Giggle...As the two hold hands across the desk, the implements in the center of Ginny's desk.