What We Do In The Shadows: "Jen..." Part VII...

Summary: There are unexpected consequences when Laszlo seeks a new human familiar...

Part VII...

Near dawn, the community home hallway to Laszlo and Nadja's crypt...

Colin, creeping along in the dark...

"I need to do this carefully. They say it's only instinct when they attack me when I come by during the day or near to it but I suspect that's just an excuse for their wanting to kill me." he notes. "So I need to get to Nadja's resting place before she's in the coffin and able to claim it's defensive instinct...Which is quite strong in night walkers during the day."

"Colin Robinson..." stern voice from behind. "Halt!"

Colin sighs...

Should have put that boy in a coma...

Turning to face an annoyed Nandor, Guillermo just behind him...

"You drained my familiar...My servant...Despite my orders. And our need, especially now, for a functional human servant." glare, somewhat for effect. "I should destroy you...But what is your defense?" stern eyeing...Wave of sword hand, minus sword currently.

"Well, Nandor...I only drained him some and it's my nature. But have you heard the news?"

"I shall require satisfaction...What news?" stares...

"Laszlo's found a new familiar...A very pretty one. It's sure to piss Nadja off..." nod.

"Really? That rascal Laszlo..." toothy grin. "When did this happen?"

"Master, you were going to take your just revenge..." Guillermo tries. "I think Colin just means that pretty real estate lady. I told you about her and that I thought Master Laszlo..."

"Not now, Guillermo. I will take the matter of the insult to me in your draining up at the next house meeting, I promise. Go rest now. Between your accident in Manhattan and this you must be a bit exhausted."

"Very much so, Master. And my injuries still cause me great pain... Thank you for..."

"Yes, yes...We'll get you some Tylenol later..."

Colin, to Nandor, all three walking back to Nandor's cell, Guillermo's being near ..."This last evening...She's the real estate agent Laszlo was bringing over to see the house. I guess he decided she was a better familiar."

"I thought I heard a strange voice not crying out for mercy for the love of God last night..." Nandor nods. "Pretty, you say?"

"She's very pretty, Master." Guillermo tries to reinsert himself...

"Quiet, Guillermo. Tell me more, Colin Robinson...I should be fully informed as the cryptmaster and champion leader here. Come to my crypt, it is nearing dawn."

"Oh, well...I had business with Nadja..."

"I insist. All regards my familiar will be forgiven..." gracious wave, Guillermo sighing.  "And you may even drain me a little...A very little. As a token of my good will..."

"Fine..." shrug, following after Nandor.

"Really pretty, eh?" as they walk...

"If you care for blonde, lovely, tall...She's rather French..." Colin noted.

"Oh, my...French?" Nandor beams. Uh... "Tell me Nadja doesn't know?"

"Not yet..." Colin, thin smile.

"She spoke in French to Master Laszlo, Master. They were laughing about it." Guillermo tried.

"Yes...Lovely...Get yourself to bed, Guilermo. So, Colin Robinson, really pretty?"