The Return...?

Bonnie's palms were sweaty. Knees weak, arms heavy. He opened his eyes, looking around his room.
How long had he been asleep?
Chica was standing over him, shaking him by his shoulders aggressively. "BONNIE, GET UP!" He sprung from his bed, obviously falling off the side. He rubbed his eyes, and shifted his gaze back to Chica. She was breathing heavy, hands on her knees.
"Chica what the heck is going on?" She placed her hand on Bonnie's shoulder yet again, her eyes meeting his.
"We were asleep for almost a year, Bonnie."
His breath hitched in his chest as he began frantically looking around the room. A WHOLE YEAR?! How much had he missed! How many new people were in town, how many new adventures and stories were created without them?? He looked back at Chica, still shocked by the news. She looked back at Bonnie's desk, still cluttered with comics and story ideas from the last year.

It was May 22,2020, the last story the two of them had written. Bonnie had written about his quarantine life, Chica and him eating ramen and Cheetos and living their best life. Yes, it was hard to wear masks all the time and not see his friends as often, but he was staying safe...

He didn't remember the rest. Was the pandemic still there? Was there still toilet paper shortages? What about school? Could he finally go back?!

The answers were varied, Chica didn't know either. How much had the two of them missed? And how were they asleep for so long?! Bonnie gasped.
"Chica.... WERE WE IN A COMA?!?"
"IDK BONNIE, OH MY GOSH WERE WE?!" The two of them panicked more than they already were, running around the room screaming. Foxy walked pass the doorway, stopping wide-eyed at the sight of the two screaming and doing circles.
"Bonnie?Chica?" The two stopped their panic circling, making prolonged eye contact with Foxy.
                                   "FOXY!"
Foxy squeaked as Bonnie and Chica bombarded him with hugs and sobs. He pushed them off of him, wheezing from the pressure.
"Mates, woah woah woah, welcome back but GEESH! I am still alive, don't kill me!" They all laughed, plopping onto the floor and taking a minute to recollect their thoughts.

"So... welcome back, what happened? We really
missed you guys, we just didn't know what to do when you guys just.." foxy did a sleeping motion, snoring to add extra flair. Bonnie and Chica laughed, still taking in seeing their friend again. "We're still not really sure what happened, but all that matters is that we're here now and ready to live life again!" Bonnie stood up, ready to go outside and see the sun without a mask, Chica following behind. Foxy grabbed his shoulder, stopping him before he could open the door. "Woah there, pal, you just woke up. Everything is still the same, you've gotta be safe!" Bonnie sighed. "I guess I thought it would all be gone by now." Foxy shook his head.

"So, what now?" Chica's eyes grew wide, rushing back to Bonnie's desk. "Bonnie! The book!" The both rustled through the papers and chip bags surrounding the desk, finally digging out his computer from under it all.
"I don't even like these kind of chips! Who's been in here!?" Everyone's heads turned as Freddy, slowly shifted away from the door, slamming his door shut. They turned back to the computer, praying it would start up. Bonnie frenetically opened wattpad, and sighed. The book was still there!!

Bonnie turned back to Chica and Foxy, and back to the book.
"So..."
what do we write now?