The Terrors of Seventh Grade

Chica-Chi was heading from her science class to her Creative Writing class.  The last class period rotated everyday so this was her first day of Creative Writing.  The class took place in her seventh grade LA classroom which was also her homeroom the year before.  Chica-Chi was never fond of her seventh grade year, so going back to her old LA classroom (and walking down her old hallway) brought back bad memories.

  As she walked to her class her friend Bonnie joined her.  "Ah seventh grade, where puberty strikes hard and teachers show no mercy on innocent students who forgot their homework at home" Bonnie teased "oh the joy!"

  As they turned down the seventh grade hallway Chica started sobbing violently seeing younger students rushing to class. 

  "Chica-Chi what's wrong?" Bonnie asked, comforting the depressed child.

  "It's only been a week Bonnie!" Chica sobbed "they don't know the horrors that await them this year!" She grabbed Bonnie's shoulders and shook him as she sobbed. 

  "Come on Chica it wasn't that ba-" suddenly Bonnie saw the old math class and his mind faded into war flashbacks.

  He was in Math and the class was going over homework as usual.  Suddenly a loud screeching noise came from the teacher.

  "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR HOMEWORK IS AT HOME!?" The teacher screeched. 

  "I-I forgot it!  Please!  Show me mercy!" The student begged falling to their knees.

  "It's not up to me..." The teacher whispered as the gods of late homework snatched the student and dragged them to some terrible place. 

  Bonnie shrunk down into his seat.  Suddenly the smell of body odor filled the room as students screamed grabbing their faces.  Acne crawled up from the students chins spreading throughout their faces.  Bonnie looked over to see his friend Freddy in horror as acne spawned all over his face.

  "Puberty is present....." Freddy said in horror as if had just said 'Voldemort'. 

  As he finished a figure appeared in a dark corner of the room.  Acne and facial hair covered the figures disfigured face.  It smiled awkwardly revealing out of place teeth trapped in rows of ugly braces. 

  "It is I!  Puberty!  Before this year ends I will consume all of your childhood adorableness!" The figure said, his voice cracking countless times.  He then lifted a giant baseball bat that read "EMOTIONS" in big black sloppy letters. 

  Puberty chuckled (his voice cracking nearly seven times) as he ran around hitting innocent children with the bat.  Bonnie and Freddy sat in horror watching as Puberty whacked ever kid leaving them sobbing on the floor.  Soon Puberty stood among a pile of sobbing, acne covered children.  Puberty turned to look at Freddy and Bonnie with a terrifyingly awkward smile.

  "I'M TOO YOUNG!" Freddy screamed running towards the door.

  Before he could make it Puberty hit Freddy's head.  Freddy collapsed to the floor hugging his legs and rocking back and forth on the floor sobbing.

  Puberty turned towards Bonnie lifting the bat.  Bonnie sealed his eyes shut waiting for the pain.  As it hit he fell to the floor tears filling his eyes as a painful emotion flooded his body. 

  Puberty's voice cracked loudly as he cackled his way to the other classrooms.  Screaming could be heard from the next classroom.

  Bonnie started to pick himself up off the ground.  As he looked around the room he noticed all the victims of Puberty's dark reign on the ground accept for one.  Toy Chica (Chica's sister) sat at her desk filing her nails.

  Bonnie's jaw dropped.  "How!?"  He asked, his voice cracking after sobbing.

  "There are ways to hide puberty" Toy Chica said "I use Proactiv and makeup to hide acne and cat videos for emotions."

  The bell rang suddenly ending class. 

  "BONNIE!" Chica yelled shaking him.  Bonnie broke from his flashback.

  "I take it back, seventh grade was horrible." Bonnie sighed intensely.

  Bonnie looked down to see younger students staring at them in horror.

  "Well that's what you kids have to look forward to this year" Bonnie said.

  The students glanced at each other in horror.  They then screamed loudly as they ran away to their class. 

  "Smooth Bonnie, smooth" Chica said rushing to class.

  After the final bell rang Bonnie and Chica ran towards each other after visiting their old classrooms.

  "WE NEED INTENSE THERAPY!" They sobbed holding each other as they had even more war flashbacks.

  And to those of you in middle school, don't worry.  School is like a roller coaster.  Kindergarten is the very bottom of the hill and you slowly rise.  It goes up to the peek, Seventh Grade, the very center of your school career.  It's the worst because it's the highest you are off the ground on the whole ride, and the only way from there is down.  But don't worry, after that you quickly race down through high school and then you create the rest of the ride.  You scream and laugh and loose your breath, but the only way to have that fun is to get past that terrifying moment on the top.  But after that you're free falling.  It's still scary, falling down, but just enjoy yourself.  -JELLYK8