Hayase's Not Here

A pleasant morning after a weekend worth of snowy fun as everyone from school could be seen with mixed emotions plastered on their faces.

Many who were saddened at the sudden end of the snow trip while were still optimistic after having a lot of fun at the hot spring hotel.

Even so, everyone had fun and was looking forward to a new fresh day.

Well, everyone except for one person as he was walking out of the clubroom alone and locking it shut. He lets out a small breath.

Where is she? I hope she's only late...

He thought to himself about it as he hears the door clicks in place and heads on to his class, a few minutes before the first bell would ring.

She'll swing by if she wants... I just have to see her a bit and then I'm good to go...

...

Lunch comes and passes by in a flash and he still haven't seen Nagatoro all day.

Y/n was being seen at his desk inside his homeroom, a little agitated about a girl who hasn't made her presence inside the clubroom or in school at all.

His head started to hurt a bit, there was something wrong since she hasn't texted him a "good morning" or a "how was your day, senpai?" or at least an insult of his gross self.

How would he know?

He hasn't received a text in class that would almost get him in trouble, sometimes finding her hide at the entrance of his classroom giggling and then running back to her class.

None of that happened at all today. He doesn't know why he was so worried but he has to make sure she's okay.

Inside his bag, he pulls his phone out quietly, bringing it under his desk while the teacher continued to teach the class some bullshit about numbers, he takes the small opportunity to check in on the girl.

Nagatoro 😽

Nagatoro?
Are you okay?
You weren't at school...

He puts his phone under his legs and waited for a message, he pretends to write some notes down even though he hated math and let ten minutes pass.

When the ten minute mark hits, he checks his silent phone. Nothing, no notification bubbles have popped up as he tries again to get her attention.

Nagatoro?

I hope nothing happened...

I didn't see you at school...

Are you on a vacation?

"Mr. L/n!"

Bang!

His knee hits the underside of the table as he grabs it by natural reaction, slipping his phone into his pocket. "What were you doing back there?"

"Sorry, sensei... I was... falling asleep!" He waved her off as nothing as she wasn't convinced. "Sleeping with your head high and your hands on your lap? It kind of look like you were texting-"

"He was probably playing with his small weenie!" One of his classmates cuts him off as the classroom bursted out laughing.

He was beet red, it felt different from Nagatoro's insults and teasing antics as his head boiled with anger instead.

"And how would you know? Were you spying on me in the locker rooms, you pervert?"

The class fell silent, the only noise that could be heard was small giggles and shocked words coming from their mouths as the teacher was trying to calm the class down.