Bounce Back

"Lil Nas X! Lil Nas X! Lil Nas X!"

"Okay! Okay! I'm here you brats!~" Someone joked as the singer walked on stage as everyone starts to cheer for their host of the concert, screaming and whistling as the man starts to chuckle. "Alright, enough, enough..."

The crowd slowly starts to die down as Montero starts to pace around with a smile on his face. "First off, I'd like to thank you all for coming here tonight... live in Japan? That is pretty sick~..."

Everyone screams louder as Lil Nas X chuckles softly, continuing his little speech as he thanks his crew as well as being able to borrow the large stage that he was on tonight.

"Tonight'll be special though..." he was near the end of his speech, now his fans were all on the edge of their seats as he looks over at the backstage where stood a familiar figure cloaked in his iconic performing uniform. Montero nods as the artist skips on stage as everyone recognizes the singer immediately.

"Tonight... I have my friend Scourge to perform with me!~"

...

"Ew! Who would wanna go out with you?"

Y/n was facing a massive rejection in front of him as a girl had her hand over her mouth, looking away with a playful smile he was not aware was forming. "Senpai, you need to be aware of who you are before you even try and ask me out!~"

"Pervert!~"

"Virgin!~"

"Gross senpai!~"

He was receiving a lot on his end, Nagatoro was giving him the works as he could only take it. Every insult she used before, every taunt, anything she has used before was all coming at him at once.

"I... Alright..."

But he had on a strong will. Because he wanted to get this feelings out of his chest already so he doesn't live in regret of not telling her how he felt. Whether if she accepts them or not.

If she accepted them... I... I would definitely be surprised... but there was no way she would say yes... this is Nagatoro we're talking about...

He takes a deep breath in while Nagatoro was finished with her barrage of attacks, Y/n looks back up at Nagatoro and bows sincerely. "Sorry for taking up your time..." he says softly before heading towards the stairs with Nagatoro giving him her last words. "See ya, pervert senpai!~"

The door shuts behind him, his feelings were down but he wasn't gonna let it get to him. Instead, he shakes the bad feelings off and focused on the positive side.

"Alright... I think it's a good thing..." he thought about it thoroughly, finally in the library where nobody stayed at the time. He paced over to the table near the window where papers of his poems were neatly stacked next to the bag on the table.

Soon enough, he found a positive or two.

"I probably think that the relationship wouldn't work anyways... Insults, taunts, hitting me... I don't know how she'll react if we were in a relationship..."

He lets out another sigh.

He didn't find love but it was young love. A lot of times, these kinds of love wasn't really gonna work at the end since he wasn't a mature adult yet so this is a great step for him.

"...I just gotta be careful of who I let in my heart..." he said as he glanced at the paper in front of him, the title boldly stated "That's What I Want" as he was almost finished with the song.

I gotta find a good first verse...

Bzzt! Bzzt!

The phone on the table rings silently, he sighs softly and answers the phone.