Better Than Them

A tangerine sundown was the time today, Friday was the day of the week as everyone was on their way home, hanging out, or going out on blind and first dates.

One of the restaurants for this occasion would be at a casual restaurant after a few turns away from the school, a fine place to dine and talk among two people or more.

Though it wasn't crowded, at least now wasn't the time for the hungry families and couples to come. It was an hour before five to be exact as the only seats that was filled up was a couple of high school friends and one boy who sat alone in a banquet booth in the middle of the room.

On the table was a basket of fries and a few papers scattered out as he focused on writing the lyrics for a song he was going to try release soon.

"This is... a nice change of scenery..." he says after tossing the pencil out on the table and stretch for a bit. It wasn't his idea to be here but his kouhai's.

To put it briefly, one of her friends invited her along with two other people to hang out after school so in Y/n's case, he didn't need to wait for her, Yoshi, or Gamo to come in his club room.

While at the same time, he wasn't mandatory to stay in the club room everyday. I mean, who else is in the solo member club? Nagatoro and her friends didn't even fill out a form for them to join the club at all.

So for a change of pace and place, he decided to try and write lyrics and songs in a nearby restaurant, munching on small snacks and sipping d/n to pass the time.

Ding! Dong!

The entrance lets out a warning of new customers coming in, it catches the attention of a lonely boy for some reason and glance at the loud clique that had just entered the building.

Wait a minute...

"Nagatoro?!" He whispers out loud, among the group was four students that attends the same school. One had platinum blonde hair, brown eyes, and had the same skin color as the other girl, only the other had black hair and amber-maroon eyes.

Then there was the two other people who he least expected to see come in. The two idiots he calls them that plays instruments to try and woo girls. Especially with Nagatoro and her friends.

What is she doing in here?!

His thoughts raced like hell, peeking from his chair as they walk over to a table that was near a window. Nagatoro along with her friend sits one side while the two boys sat at the other, Y/n continues to watch with teeth gritting on to each other.

He watched as the group was talking, laughing, socializing. Something Y/n had trouble doing in real life as he noticed something off about one of the students.

Nagatoro after ordering her drink was sitting in silence, taking small sips while glancing out to the middle of the restaurant. Y/n didn't knew if it was him she was looking at so he stays hidden, Nagatoro listens on the conversation that her friend and his bullies were having.

"So, you two are in a band, right?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Wow! Are you like Yaba T or 1D?"

Y/n takes a small sip, eavesdropping on the conversation they were having. "Mmm... I don't know but I like to say that out music... is like extensive art..."

Cough! Cough!

The boy nearly choked on his drink, coughing silently as to hear what one of the boys had just said.