𝕺𝖍, 𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖔 𝕲𝖆𝖞....

A/N: I put a cute little song that you can listen to during this chapter, I think the lyrics are fitting. I'll let you know when it's time to play it. Also I'm warning you know that things are about to get kind of—heated :) Lmaoooo Heated....you get it? 🌝
___________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

The next five months out of my year-long journey were spent training with Cole and his sister.

I learned a bunch of new spells and I'm slowly starting to cast more mid-level spells.

I called my auntie Rae after each training session to keep her updated on my progress. She was even able to give me additional tips based on what I learned each day. Breathing techniques, a variety of casting forms, spell books.

I was surely improving, but I still had a long way to go before I could be considered ready for school. After all, it had been years since the last time I practiced magic.

It was definitely a challenge to get over the underlying fear each time I went to cast a spell. The mental scars I had from the incident were slowly starting to heal day by day. At least I thought they were.

I'm lucky to have met someone like Cole. I can proudly say that because of him, I was slowly working on overcoming my anxiety.

For the most part training was tons of fun, but there were some moments in our training that were definitely not...

_____________

"Dyl, you're doing a great job!" Cole praised as he watched from the sidelines.

I've been working on a celestial spitfire star healing spell for the past week now, and I've almost got it down. It's one from Sasha's old spell books and boy was it difficult.

"I feel like my form is still wonky." I admitted in defeat while hesitantly releasing my hold on the spell.

"You have to be careful with that. If your form isn't solid the spell will do more harm than good." Sasha warned as she continued casting random light spells at ease. Her casting form was flawlessly executed each time.

I relax my body into a smoother form and look to them for approval. To my disappointment they shake their heads no.

"It's your elbows again, here let me just......" Cole walks up to me and slowly moves his hands against mine. Guiding them into a more comfortable stance.

"There." He says while pulling away from me. We make eye contact for a brief second, before he clears his throat and turns back to where he was previously.

"Try it now." He states while flashing me a supportive smile.

I exhale deeply before drawing in a steady breath. I recite the now memorized incantation under my breath and let the energy from the sun flow from my core to the tips of my fingers.

Next thing you know my body felt like light. It was airy and delicate. Almost as if every pore in my body was coming to life.

I open my eyes to the sound of applause.

"Dyl, you did it!" Sasha cheered as she ran up to hug me, nearly knocking me over in the process.

"You did fantastic little witch, soon enough you'll be ready to cast in front of everyone!" Cole stated while walking over and patting me supportively on my head.