𝕸𝖎𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

A/N: You can play the song above whenever you want, though I recommend playing it when it says so below! Hope you enjoy this chapter 😌
__________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

I tried to keep my stern exterior in hopes of showing the seriousness of my quest for knowledge, but that all crumbled when the first bite of my mom's freshly made lasagna graced my mouth.

"Sweet freaking Goddess, that's good." I huffed out breathlessly while rushing another forkful into my mouth. Savoring every spec of seasoning, sauce, and cheesy pasta that dance on my tastebuds. My parents seemed to find my childlike antics comedic and gave me a few amused chuckles.

They proceeded to ask me all sorts of questions on my new friends, my classes, and even my dorm. To which I struggled to answer, mainly because of how full my mouth was.

But I answered the simple enough questions that required just a nod or a one word answer.

"I'm so proud to hear my baby's made new friends." My mom gushed while giving me a happy smile.

"You make it sound like I'm a complete loner." I grumbled with a saddened pout.

"Oh you are, the only people I've ever seen you hang out with was Sasha and that Cole fellow." My father stated smugly as he pointed his fork at me to emphasize his teasing.

"Wow, thanks Pops." I spat out while taking an angry bite of my food.

"Awww don't be mad at me Dyl, you of all people know all my teasing stems from love." He smiled widely showing of his Alpha canines.

"Mmhm." I hummed unamused while crossing my arms.

"Anyways how is Cole, you only mentioned Sasha so far...." My mother questioned suddenly causing me to choke on my food.

My dad rushed around the table frantically, instantly patting my back and offering up a glass of water.

"Good Goddess, please don't die. My poor heart couldn't take it." My dad stuttered out while looking at my hunched over self with panicked eyes.

"How dramatic of you." I huffed after finally catching my breath.

"So I take it you and that boy aren't on good terms?" My mother said intuitively making me hush up and look away.

"Wait, what boy? Who do I have to kill?" My father said suddenly making my jaw go slack. He's speaking like a crazy person, yet he was always kinda crazy when it came to me.

"W-What, kill who? We just don't have classes together, you don't have to kill anybody, we're good." I stammered out in explanation while flicking back and forth between both of my parents who seemed unconvinced.

"Can we move on?" I asked while slouching back into my seat, pushing around the left over lasagna with my fork.