𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕴𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌

A/N: Hey guys. It's your lovely author here, back with another chapter. Are we liking these frequent updates? I'm having an absolute blast. Anyways let's talk, before this chapter starts, I'm gonna briefly go through the overall timeline of the story. It'll help you guys better understand what's happened so far. (P.S. Play the song above when it's time so it sets the mood, & Picture of Rae )
________________________________

- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝙵𝚊𝚛 -

The story first starts off with a flashback of  Dylan around age eight, where he's told that his aunt is leaving for the academy to become a teacher. Before her departure, she promises when he turns sixteen she'll return so they'd go to the academy together. (We all know how that goes.)

Years later on August 15th, aka, the morning of his sixteenth birthday, his parents revealed that he's actually not going to the Academy, due to his fear of magic. To which he storms out and accidentally meets his previous crush/best friend Cole.

Cole and his sister Sasha agree to teach Dylan magic for the next few months. Since they both have plans to leave for the Academy in December (on the 24th which is Sasha's b-day), which allows Dylan to bargain with his parents, a year of focusing on magic and they have to let him leave for the academy, to which they agree.

(I just realized I don't really mention any of their birthdays all that much because of how in-depth the plot is, so my apologies).

On August 15th once again, Raven picks Dylan up and takes him to the academy. And the next few days he is introduced to his new friends, dorm mate, and professors. Which is like a dream.

A month later after getting to know everyone and getting caught up in everyone's relationship drama, and his drama with Cole; Dylan is invited on Jayden's team to battle in the October Olympics.

In this time a lot of drama unfolds and he finds out unexpected truths about Jayden. Who he previously beefed with but eventually becomes very well acquainted with. Which stirs up some crazy gossip.

(Remember they won the Olympics and the trip is still scheduled for later).

At the Olympics afterparty, Jayden and Dylan share a moment which further drives them together. And the two spend most of the month of November together in secret. Until Familiar Day (a national holiday for witches celebrating their familiars).

Due to Dylan's lack of familiar, he spends the day wallowing in dread and jealousy. Where he later meets up with Jayden and they end their brief 'relationship'.

Heartbroken by this, he goes to visit his aunt and ask her personal questions regarding his familiar to which she tells him it's better to ask his parents.

Skip a bit, skip a bit, his parents tell him to forget about it, despite them obviously hiding something, which then leads him to leave home.

Now heartbroken again and again, he temporarily tries to focus on himself and his friendship with Riley, that later kindles into an unexpected romance when they share that private moment in Riley's hideout.

Riley eventually wishes for Dylan to meet his friends and the night ends with a sour breakup after Riley decides not to defend Dylan from Maria. Of course after completely screwing up the relationship they had Riley brazenly declares that the two are mates.