𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝕶𝖓𝖔𝖜

A/N: Hey guys, I was gonna start this off on a serious note and talk about how shit's gonna be chaotic for the next four chapters all for the sake of the plot but I'm not even gonna get into that. If you haven't ever watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice you need to go out and watch that movie rn. Song above btw and y'all know the drill by now.
_______________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

I might be a relatively biased but I truly think being the bigger person is overrated.

It had been a few days after my date with Riley and our relationship was on the mend. I decided it's best to take one day at a time learning to enjoy his presence in this new territory. Which was a very mature thing of me.

Now I don't know what possessed me to give into what Rae told me. But I decided one perfect uneventful afternoon that I should call my parents.

My reasoning seemed simple. If I could forgive Riley for something he did I could forgive my parents for something I only speculated.

Therefore being the bigger person.

But halfway through the phone call with my parents had me realize the following; Anyone who's being the bigger person should not be the shortest person in the room, it's unfair in more than one way. Also bigger people have probably never been backstabbed by their aunt/newly ex-favorite person.

"So when were you gonna tell us?" My dad sounded from the other end of the line.

I was sitting in my dorm room by myself and looked around in confusion before I double checked the number. I was sure I dialed my mom's number but I was greeted by my father's uncharacteristically angry voice.

"I'm sorry?" I questioned unknowingly because I actually had no idea what the fuck he was referring to.

"Listen, we know you're upset about everything but we shouldn't have to hear from Rae that you found your mate, I mean for Goddess sake Dylan! From Rae?" My mom cuts in with a disappointed scold.

I sat in disbelief as my mouth gapped open. It took a second before regret seeped through me and I considered if hanging up abruptly would be too disrespectful.

"She had no right to tell you that." I choked out while feeling like all the air from the room was sucked out.

"I pried it out of her but that's the thing Dylan, I shouldn't have to. You should've been the one to tells us this!" She pointed out sounding madder than I've ever heard her.

I'd like to respectfully point out that she was somewhat valid but I felt like them gaining up on me was entirely uncalled for.

And so was my next remark.

"Well I just assumed since were keeping secrets and stuff—" I didn't even get the words out before my mom barked a warning.

"Dylan!" She hissed in an icy tone. My voice got caught in my throat and I felt the hot tears start welling in my eyes.