𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖗 𝕺𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖘 𝕬𝖈𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖒𝖞

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

So, I'm pretty sure my best friend is avoiding me. I barely get the time to hang out with Sasha, and my new roommate is a social butterfly whereas I'm an antisocial mess. My first day of class went terribly wrong and I'm pretty sure my teacher is out to get me. I accidentally found out that there's this weird social stratification system between the students.

Which by the way, I don't rank very high in.

Like, I'm practically the bottom of the food chain.

So basically, what I'm trying to say here is that high school already fucking sucks.

But let me backtrack just a tiny bit, let's start back at the night when all of my problems started.

The night they left.

-𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤-

After I spent several moments contemplating if we had in fact kissed or not, I ran to go say goodbye. My thoughts were a disaster and I had no idea what was going on, but I'll be damned if I missed the chance to say goodbye.

"Sasha, Cole?!" I called out as I raced into the living room. And I continued to call as I walked into practically every room in the house. They were nowhere to be found.

Gone.

They left and I didn't even properly say goodbye. I was just left alone with my thoughts for the next few months. Even when the opportunity came to ask Sasha why they left without saying anything presented itself, I'd suppress the urge to question it.

My biggest fear was that he asked her to leave without saying goodbye. I feared that the thought of us even discussing the kiss that night might've appalled him. My fear is that him kissing me was a terrible mistake.

So I kept quiet.

I hadn't mentioned the kiss to Sasha in fear of how she'd react to me kissing her brother, and I hadn't talked to Cole even once. Not during the days I trained with Sasha, during the holidays where I knew he'd have no classes, and especially not on the day of my birthday. The same morning I was leaving for the academy.

-𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤-

"I can't believe it's been a year already!" My mom wept as she clung onto me.

"Yeah, crazy right?" I said awkwardly as I tried to pry her off of me.

"It felt like it was just yesterday you started your training, now you're all ready to go." She noted as she gripped onto me even tighter.

"You're gonna have to let him go dear." My dad pleaded on my behalf.

"I really don't want to." She huffed back.

"Sis, you're gonna have to." My auntie Rae said with a tired expression. Which was understandable because we've been at this for twenty minutes now.