𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖙

𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

"Is this some kind of joke?" I cracked out with a sadistic glower.

"This is your idea of exemplary work? A paper filled of fucking lies?" I shouted in the middle of the silent hallway as I crumpled up the scrap of paper in my hands and tossed it harshly at the doctor. His eyes watched coldly as it hit his scrubs and dropped onto the ground before him.

"My mate is lying in a hospital bed and instead of treating him you're out here telling me that he's a t—"I found myself growing silent towards the end of my rant as Raven began hyperventilating behind me.

"This isn't happening. Oh Goddess, there's no way this is happening again." The redhead shook while standing on shaky legs. I instinctively reached my hand out to grab her from falling and the second she felt my presence she collapsed to the ground.

My arms were the only thing keeping her from hitting the ground at full force as I joined her where she sat on the ground. Her cashmere velvet hemmed jumper was rubbing against the dirtied vinyl ground but she didn't seem to care.

"Did she just say again?" Saint whispered from within my head triggering a wave of uncertainty.

Something wasn't right.

"Are you okay?" I questioned the collapsed witch before flicking a panicked gaze to my friends who seemed to be still reveling in the test results announced previously.

"A tribrid?"

"D-Did he just say—"

"Dylan? Our Dylan? Small, kind of socially anxious, happy, not so go-lucky, Dylan?"

"Can you dumbasses snap out of it and tell me how do I help her? You! You're a doctor, help her. She's having a panic attack—" I began pleading around me while finding myself growing increasingly worried at the state of my mate's aunt.

"No, I don't have time for this. Dylan doesn't have time for this. One of you has to know something. It's imperative that you tell me the full medical history of Dylan before he flatlines again." Doctor Parish demanded while fidgeting to clean of his badge. Only noticing now that it was stained with blood.

"Wait, d-did he just say flatlined? D-Did Dylan—" Ryan asked in a shaky voice as he grabbed onto Dominic to gain his bearings. Sasha nearly collapsed at the news, her mouth hung agape as she held her stomach.

"He had temporarily coded on the table because we believed we were treating a wound cause by blood-loss. If this genetic test we ran has any truth to it, we must change our treatment plan to something more aggressive." The doctor explains stoically, refusing to sully the situation by involving his own emotions.

"We have to treat him as though he's a vampire being treated for a vampire bite." The doctor concludes while glancing at Raven's feeble demeanor.

He paused to crouch down to her level, his eyes cutting pass my own as he bore into her own tear filled green ones.