𝕺𝖑𝖞𝖒𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - 3

A/N: I don't really have anything to say lmao, hope you enjoy the chapter though! The character up above has They/Them pronouns, their name is Dev Gonzales. Also I got memes to apologize for the short little hiatus I took 🙂❤️ My bad🧍🏽‍♀️
__________________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"So, there's really nothing going on between the two of you?" Rae muttered in disbelief while flashing an unreadable gaze my way.

We had been sitting around for the last thirty minutes or so. The entirety of our previous conversation revolved around what happened yesterday, how people were reacting to it today, and really Jayden in general. Though, he was a topic I tried to shy away from.

"No Rae, I'm serious." I corroborated as I fidgeted in my seat, rubbing my thumb over the handle of the coffee mug I had been holding. One that matched the one Rae had been sipping on as she gave me a skeptic look.

"Wow, that was super anticlimactic...." Rae wheezed out humorously as she scratched the side of her head.

I chuckled dryly at her words.

Mainly because for a split second, I had to truly ask myself if that were true. Was there really nothing?

Jayden and I were just barely friends, but I'd have to been blind to have not noticed whatever it was that we had. Maybe this is a blossoming friendship? Doubt it though.

"You want me to walk you down?"

"That'd be a great way to draw more attention. I'm just gonna warp out."

I suddenly thought, blushing profusely as I remember the words we exchanged earlier.

"Goddess he just offered to walk me, pull yourself together Dylan." I muttered to myself as I focused my gaze on the light chamomile flavored liquid that swirled around in my cup, my cheeks still burning.

"Okay, well then that's that." Rae told me while giving my knee a supportive squeeze. Clearly not hearing or caring to ask what slipped from my mouth. She just proceeded to stand up and walk back over to the kitchen.

"You still have classes?" She yelled in question from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I think like two and then I'm done." I explained while slouching back on the couch.

"I have a late lecture today, but after that we can go grab some sushi for dinner before the next Olympic game." She offered happily making me frown slightly.

"I'd honestly love that, but I have a lot of homework to burn through before the games...damn Hillans." I explained while muttering towards the end. Rae knew of my dislike for Hillans, one we apparently and uncoincidentally seemed to share.

Rae started bugging out and tried to have me switched from her class the first time I told her I had Hillans. Apparently they had a past altercation that left a bad taste in Rae's mouth. They've avoided having anything to do with one another during staff meetings ever since.

"Okay ok, it's good to see you prioritizing your work like a good little student. But don't forget to eat, we'll rain check on the sushi." She chuckled while smiling proudly at me.