Forgotten Past

"After everything and all this time, I still cannot for the life of me remember a single thing about my own life. I can't even remember my own name!" You stated, placing your head in hands, frustration bubbling it's way to the surface.
   The soft blue walls that surrounded you held various painting and pictures of bright scenery. They were the kind that inspired relaxation and calm. But to you they just made you even more angry, cause every time you came in here it was for the same reasons.
   "You have been working on you exercises?" The therapist asked her note pad resting on her knee as she looked over to you. Her dull grey eyes focused on you over the rims of her square glasses.
   You sighed heavily and leaned back on the couch staring at her. You had come to hate her, hate this room and everything that went with them.
————
   You sat at the table, your notebook open, pen in hand. Everything that had happened since you woke six months ago was written in there. From the moment you were found out in the field by the raven hair god of mischief. He had been one of the only people who had truly confided in. The rest of the people in the building you weren't sure if you could trust. Sure, they seemed like good people but your still weren't sure.
   "Pet." That all to familiar voice echoed through the kitchen. You looked up at him, he waltzed in, his hands clasped behind his back. Plus there was the fact that he never strayed to far from you.
   "Loki." You smiled, he stepped next to you and looked down at the book. Loki's tilted his head reading your latest entry in it, the events of the day so far.
   "Still with the book." He stated calmly.
   "Yes, I'm trying remember past being found. I would at least like to know my own name at least." You sighed, closing the notebook and leaned back in the chair looking up at him. Considering the trouble this man has cause it still surprises you how soft and blue his eyes were.
   "I'm guessing that lady asked you again about your exercises." He walked around behind you, taking his time as he did.
   "Yes, and the mediation, I've tried to be hypnotized, we tried Wanda getting into my head and even you. Nothing works." You pointed out standing abruptly. You shook your head and pulled the book from the table. "Nothing works. It's blank."
   "Why?"
   "Why what?" You asked him.
    "Why do you wish to remember?" He asked, you turned to face him. The two of you always went down this road and he knew the answers but still always asked them.
    "Because I would like to know who I am, I'm sure whatever family I have is worried, I'd like to know if I was good or bad person." You explained again looking everywhere but those beautiful eyes. "It's like starting the movie in the center and not knowing what's going on."
   "But you also don't know how the movies ends." Loki replied, in his usual calm manner.
   "You're right." You sighed.
   "I know," he smirked at you, one of the qualities about him that you found endearing was his smirk. "I'm always right."
   "Ha, we both know that isn't true." You replied in jest. "So what are you up to?"
   "Just came down to check on my pet." He continued to smile, watching as you walked around him.
   "Your pet." You echoed letting out a half chuckle. "Why do you call me that?"
   "I found you and brought you home, is that not what you call a stray that you bring home?" He asked you again with that smirk. "What would you like me to call you?"
    "So I'm a stray?"
    "Yes."
     "God, you're an ass." You said playfully giving him a slight slap on the chest.
    "And you enjoy it." He grinned, grasping your hand.
    "Very much so." You grinned back as you allowed him to pull you in.
    "Then tell me, pet, why will you not allow me to take you to dinner?" He asked softly, holding your hand to his chest. You could fill his heart beat through the leather that he wore.
    "Because, as I have said a thousand times, I don't know who I am." You replied looking back down at your feet. "I don't know if I'm married or if I'm with someone. And when I do remember I don't want to hurt anyone."
    "Darling, if you are betrothed or more I will step to the side." He told you as he had you a hundred times. You chuckled sliding you hand up his chest to cup his cheek.
   "We both know that isn't true." You calmly stated, knowing deep in your own heart that you would rather be the only one hurt then him. "You fight tooth and nail over any thing that's yours and I would be no different."
    Slowly you left the room, leaving him standing there. Loki brought his hand to his cheek staring at the open doorway you had just left. He sighed heavily to himself. His chest tightening at thought of you remembering and leaving him for someone else.
   "You would my darling." He said to himself. "My only wish is to see you happy."