Wade and the Wedding Planner

It had been a week, a solid week of dealing with your sister. Tom kept sneaking hints at when she would leave and as usual Kay would make up an excuse as to why she was staying. You had just put Wade's food bowl down, and you could hear the sound of his webbed feet making a straight line for the kitchen when your sister came into the door way effectively block the small bird from one his joys in life.
    "I'm so excited." She exclaimed clasping her hand together, grinning. Wade quacked behind her, trying to poke his head around her leg, but she shifted that direction. "You'll never believe who I got to be your planner."
    "Planner?" You asked looking over, trying to figure out what was keeping Wade from his food.
     "Your wedding planner, silly." She remarked, the quacking intensified behind her. The bird started to angrily peck at the back of her heeled boots, his feathers starting to ruffle.
    "Wedding Planner? I don't need a wedding planner." You stated, coming around the corner as Wade started to ninja chop your sister. "Could you please move, Wade is hungry."
   Your sister looked down, the angry bird glaring up at her making a low hissing noise in the back of his throat. She stepped out of the way, the bird slowly walked past her, his eyes never leaving her till he was at his bowl.
    "Sis, everyone needs a planner. And this guy is the best there is. He'll make it look like a royal wedding." She gushed, reaching to grab your hands. You closed your eyes, knowing that even if you wanted to tell her no this she would still argue till you gave in on it.
    "Fine, I'll meet him, but I'm not promising to use him." You remarked as she squealed with delight.
    Two hours later your door bell rang and groaned internally, what your sister didn't tell you until after you agreed was that he was already on his way. She knew how much you hated last minute plans, and yet like everything else she couldn't grasp the concept. And that's why you were opening the door to Rodney Barry, the worlds top wedding planner.
    He was a short man, head full of white hair, small glass frames sat upon his nose, and false warm smile. He clasped your hands firmly as you opened the door all the way for him. Wade came sprinting to the door, feathers trailing in his wake. He stopped and waited a bit for the man to recognize that he was there. Rodney stopped before he said two words to you and look down as the duck tilted his head up at him.
      "What is that?" He asked bewildered.
       "That is Wade." You replied with a sigh, picking the animal up from the ground, opening the tin and retrieve a mealy worm for him. He happily gobbled it down at you set him down. Wade waddle away, off to do who knows what.
     "Oh, I've never seen one so featherless before." He replied, as you shut the door.
     "He has a condition that causes him to molt consistently." You walked over to your couch, he sat down next to your sister on the love seat.
    "So, isn't this exciting, getting married." He said enthusiastically. It almost made your eyes roll, like that was the only thing that mattered in life. "Let's start with venues."
    "Actually Tom and I have found this beautiful church over near where his mom lives is so small and just breath taking." You smiled remembering how perfect it had looked when the two of you stopped by his moms the last time.
     "Actually there is Cathedral I think would be perfect, I mean you are going to have a large wedding. Your soon to be husband is famous and knows a lot of people." He stated, leaning forward a bit. "And I was thinking that a spring time wedding would be absolutely perfect for the both of you."
     "Tom and I have talked about when and we are both in agreement on the fall." You smiled politely, Wade came waddling in. He stopped just inside the living room, surveying.
     "Dearie, you don't want the fall, everything is dying back, and it's dreary." He said, waving his hand at you, Wade watched the man's hand intently, taking a step closer. "The spring is about new beginnings, full of life, fresh."
     "Yeah, and it rains a lot, considering we are having the reception is outside." You explained, already feeling annoyed.
    "Outside?!" He remarked, like as if nobody held a reception outside.
    "Yeah, we were going to having it in the evening, that way we can have lights strung up on the gazebos." You replied, Wade inching closer as the man waved his hand again.
     "No, there is this cute little place in down town London, it's big enough to fit the crowd you'll have and it's hip enough." He argued back, Wade was on the floor next to the wedding planner eyes focused on the tips of his fingers.
     "Look Mr. Barry, I appreciate your input but Tom and I agreed on all these things." You sighed, running your hand through your hair.
    "Sis, just listen to him, he's the best there is." Kay remarked, giving him a huge smile.
     "I've helped multiple celebrities with there marriages, I know how to make them memorable. I know what I'm doing, so, let's talk about cakes." His forced smile was short lived, cause it was about that time Wade launched his attack.
     The avian hurdled himself up towards the couch, feathers flying every which way. Half molted wings smacking and chopping at the planner. A series of squawks and angry quacks could be heard over the man's yelps in pain as Wade bit down on the man's thin delicate fingers. You jumped from your seat, grasping onto the bird as he squirmed to break free of your hold.
    "It bite me!" Rodney exclaimed, staring at the wiggling bird in your arms.
     "Sorry, I'm not sure what has gotten into him, he's never just attacked like that." You replied, setting him on your lap, waiting for him to calm down.
    "I.. I'm just in shock, I've never been bitten by a duck." He chuckled, looking over to your sister.
     "Yeah, it's a peach." Your sister said, forcing a smirk.
    "Back to cakes." He said. And so you spent the next three hours arguing with him and your sister.
    You knew what you wanted, you wanted a small wedding. You wanted that church, and the reception in the fall, you were going to do your own cake. Wade was going to be the ring bearer, you even had a suit ordered for him, yet this man thought you didn't know what you wanted. After he left, your sister went out for dinner, finally leaving you alone.
    Tom came home and immediately grabbed the mouse cage, taking it up the stairs. You followed him, confused at first until he took it straight to the guest room where sister had taken up residence. He came out with a smirk, till he saw the look on your face.
    "Darling, What's the matter?" He asked, wrapping his arms around you.
    "My sister forced a wedding planner on me." You said, nuzzling your face into the crook of his neck.
    "I'm sorry, I'm working on getting rid of her." He replied, kissing your temple.
    "I know, by the way, Wade bit him." You smiled as you leaned back in his arms.
    "You mean kind of like he's doing to me now." Tom chuckled, you looked down and saw the bird pecking lightly at his ankle repeatedly.
     "No, he's just saying hi and wants a bug. This was ninja bird and angry bird combined. He was beating him and snapping on his fingers." You explained.
     "Good Wade!" Tom smirked down as the duck tilted his head up at him. He let you go and lifted the duck up.
     Wade cocked his head, looking at Tom. Wade slowly stretched his head toward Tom like he's done countless times for a nuzzle. Tom smiled, pulling the duck into his chest closer. Just at the last moment the bird opened his beak and snapped it down on Tom's nose.
     "Wade!" He said slightly annoyed. He walked out of the room and down the hall you following, chuckling softly.
     "He just missed you." You giggled as you followed him back to your room.
     "I know, but don't let the planner get to you. We'll do what we want, the small wedding with our families, minus your sister, and friends. The evening reception, you want to do our cake and Wade is the ring bearer. Who cares what him and you sister think." Tom said, setting the duck down, after giving him a bug. You could hear the front door open and you sister head up the stairs. "It's our wedding, and we will do what we want."
     "Thank you." You sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed.
     "For what?" He asked before holding up his finger. A blood curdling scream came from upstairs making your fiancé laugh.
     "For being you." You smiled shaking your head as you heard your sister come hurtling back down the stairs.