Wade Meets Sherbert

Wade raced through yard, wings stretched out behind him chasing one of Benedict's kids. His beak was open as he followed close behind the boy, water from the sprinkler glistening on his molted body. The boy giggled as the duck continued to chase him around, Benedict sat close by in a yard chair watching as two played an odd game of tag.
   This wasn't the first time you had used the man as a duck sitter, after all you and Tom willing watched the Cumberbatch kids on more then one occasion. The duck always got along well over at their house, usually joining in on whatever antics the kids were up to.
    Benedict watched as the duck caught up with his son, tapping his open beak against the child's ankle before turning and racing off. Who knew how the duck learned to play tag but he had and it was something Benedict really enjoyed watching.
    "I'm going to get you, Wade." The child giggled before taking off after the bird.
   Wade waddled as fast as his webbed feet would take him. He darted straight for the long ground sprinkler, Benedict watched with amusement as the duck attempted to hop over the item only to come crashing down on the other side. The man didn't move, this wasn't the first time the animal had done this, odds are it wouldn't be the last. The duck rolled back to his feet, his head snapped back to the sprinkler and snapped his beat at it, quaking furiously.
     "Hey Ben!" Benedict looked over his shoulder to see the younger Tom walking over. "I see Wade is over, let me guess. Tom wanted some alone time with y/n?"
    "No, actually, the fridge flooded the kitchen and it seems the duck was hindering the clean up process." Benedict replied as the other man sat down, stretching his legs out. "So what's up Tom?"
    "Nothing, I was in the area and thought I'd drop buy." Holland smiled at him. The duck eyeing him, forgetting his argument with the sprinkler and rushed over.
~~
    "Alright, now that that's cleaned up." Tom stated putting his hands on his hips, a glint of mischievousness in his eye. "We're alone darling. We are finally birdless again."
    "As tempting as that is, dear Tomas, we only have a couple hours till Ben brings Wade back. We should go to the store and get our groceries, it's been ages since the two of us went out shopping together." You smiled walking over to him, kissing him lightly.
     "Come on my love." He grinned down at you his hand traveling down your sides.
     "I am tempted but, we do need to the store." You shook your head at his antics. "However if we are quick then we may have some time before Ben gets here."
     "Please?" He bit his lip.
      "When we get back." You bopped him lightly on the nose.
     The two of you went to the store, loading up the cart with food for the next couple of weeks. Along with extra laundry detergent since you needed to thoroughly wash all of the towels you had used to help sop up the fridge mess. You were standing in line when you remembered you had forgotten something.
    "Tom, were out of duck food." You bit your lip looking over at him.
    "So we also have to stop by the pet shop?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
     "Yeah." You said slowly as the cashier finished ringing up your order.
     "Well, we can't let Wade starve." Tom smiled over to you as he paid for the groceries.
    You both walked over to your suv placing the bags in the back and shut the back hatch before turning to walk over the building label pet shop. At least it wasn't another stop, Tom opted to wait in the car since Luke was texting him up a storm.
    You walked into the shop, finding your way down the isle that had stuff for wild birds. You grabbed the usual bags you always did, you always made the duck a blend of foods. For some reason you decided just to peak into the area with aquariums. As a child your family always kept fish, and you still had a soft spot for them.
   As you looked from tank to tank watching the creatures swam slow circles with out a care in the world you spotted the area where they kept the Beta fish. You walked over and surveyed the cups with tiny little fish, bright colors flashing as they swam in circles. Then you saw him, tucked into the back, pale orange with tiny flecks of blue.
    Gingerly you set your bags down, picking the cup up. The fish swam towards your face, flaring out his gills, puffing himself up to show off. You bit your lip, looking around, you saw a ten gallon aquarium on sale for a reasonable price.
   "Oh, he's going to kill me." You muttered.
   It wasn't long till you pushed the cart out to your car, putting the duck food in followed by the aquarium, and accessories for your new found friend. You grabbed the cup that the beta was in returning the cart, while you hold him in your hand.
    "Hold Sherbert please." You asked as you opened your door.
    Tom's head snapped over to you as he took the cup without thinking, his mouth open. You tried to repress a giggle as you climbed in shutting the car door behind you. You buckled your seat and gently grabbed the cup from Tom.
    "Luke, I'm going to have to call you back." He said and hung up, he took a deep breath furrowing his brows. "Darling, did you buy a fish?"
    "Maybe."
    "Sweetheart, we don't have a tank." He stated.
    "Yes we do." You replied, Tom turned in seat looking toward the back of the vehicle.
    "Alright, looks like we have a fish."
    An hour later, tank filled, Sherbert swimming happily in the tank. You sat next to your boyfriend on the couch. Tom tucked a loose strand behind your ear, looking at you so sweetly.
     "Thank you." You said softly.
     "For what, my love?" He replied, pulling you into his lap, facing him.
       "For putting up with me." You leaned forward, your lips ghosting over his.
    Toms hand slid up your side finding its way to the back of your head as you deepened the kiss. You placed your palms on his chest as his free hand slid up your side. Yours tongues dancing together as his free hand made its way to the small of your back.
    A knock at the door caused you to jump, you broke the kiss looking over at the door as Tom eyed his watch.
     "Looks like Ben is an hour early." He sighed as you got off of him and walked over to the door.
    Wade strolled in the minute you pulled the door open, after all this was his roost. You look up from your semi feathered companion and saw Tom Holland standing at the door with a cheeky smile on his face.
     "I see you've finally learned." You smiled as he walked in.
     "Let Wade in first, yep, only after the fifth time he bit me." The kid chuckled. "I have to see this pool you guys put up."
     You smirked as you led him through the house to the back. The three of you stood on the back deck catching up, back door open should Wade decide to come out. It was a nice evening, so Tom decided that you should barbecue. He fired up the grill as you went inside to get the steaks out of the fridge.
     You open the door to the refrigerator and paused, the soft sound of splashing caught your attention. Slowly you closed the door and wandered into the living room. There was Wade, floating on the top of the water to the ten gallon fish tank. Who knows how he managed to get up there, or how he flipped the lid off. But there he was, barely fitting, feet paddling beneath the surface, head bobbed under. Poor Sherbert hiding in the skull decor you bought.
     "Wade!" You screamed, storming over.
    You grabbed at the bird as he quaked up a storm, wings ninja chopping the water soaking you. He webbed feet kicking like crazy sending even more all over the place. You were drenched but you did wrangle the bird out of the tank.
    You turned around, about to yell for your boyfriend. There he stood feet behind you his phone up, Holland behind him laughing behind his hand. You heard the click from his phone, all you could do was stand there and blink.
   Later your saw the photo on his Instagram, you sopping wet, half feathered bird in your hands mouth slightly a gapped. Under it was caption.
    'My wonderful girlfriend brings home the most random animals sometimes. This arsholes name is Wade, and even though he drives me crazy sometimes, I adore him.'