Dont go breaking my heart.

24.) "You can't keep kissing strangers pretending it's him."
26.) "I cant get you out of my head, trust me, I've tried."
Tom
      You sighed loudly, thudding the back of your head on you headrest, hands gripping the steering wheel. You'd been in the same spot in traffic now for half an hour, you were running short of patience and gasoline. The speakers on your car ringing your blue tooth phone through, just as you contemplated ditching your car and walking. You pressed accept on your phone.
    "Hey, y/n." Scarlet's voice came through clear. "How's the drive home from the airport?"
    "I'll let you know when I actually start moving." You stated through gritted teeth.
    "Oh, that sounds like fun." She said dryly. You blew a strand of loose hair off your forehead.
     "So much, like my favorite thing to do, and I have a date tonight. I just want to get home and get ready." You groaned, just wishing you could make it to the next exit.
    "Y/n." She sighed. "Who is it this time?"
     "Jim from I.T." You replied, the car ahead of you moving a couple feet forward.
     "Seriously?" She questioned.
     "Yes, he's cute and really sweet." You tried to sound excited about it, but you knew your heart wasn't in it.
     "You can't keep kissing strangers pretending it's him." Scarlet told you, you sighed looking over at your phone.
     You knew she was right, that's all you had done in the six months since the two of you broke up. You dated man after man, trying to forget him, truth was, you would never be over him.
    "Look Scar, I get your just trying to be a good friend but, we're over. He made that clear, I'm trying to get over him, okay? I just got to get this out of my system."
    "I know, good luck on Jim." She stated before hanging up.
    It took you another hour to get home. You rushed in through the front door, tossing your keys and purse to the side. You grabbed the cutest sundress you had, hanging in the bathroom while you took a quick shower.
     Once done you dried off, trying desperately to stay focused as you blew your hair dry.
    "Darling, really, you look wonderful the way you are."
    You shook your head, shaking the memory from your mind as you pulled the dress over your head. Smoothing down the front, looking at yourself in the mirror, pulling out your make up.
     "You know, my favorite part of the day is watching you take the make up off. I love see you, the real you."
    You screwed your eyes tight, trying to focus. Slowly you opened them back, looking at yourself in the mirror again. You applied just the lightest amount. Just enough to cover those spots that you considered flaws, the ones he said he had fallen in love with.
     You walked out of the bathroom, looking beautiful as ever, like the last six months of heartbreak and sleepless nights didn't happen. You didn't look like the girl who's heart had been crushed, who was trying to fill a void that could never be filled. You slipped on your heeled sandals, and picked your purse and keys up off the floor.
    You didn't glance at the photo of you and him, the one last reminder you held onto. Somewhere deep in your heart you hoped the two of you would get back together. It hadn't been the distance, it had been work that lead to your downfall. You worked for the state, a criminal investigator, he was a high profiled actor. Your jobs made it very hard to see each other, only seeing each other for brief periods of time.
     You pulled up to the small tavern style bar, twilight was just setting in, and so were your nerves. Don't think about him, you told yourself. You saw Jim standing at the bar, his chocolate eyes looking over to you, dark hair slicked back, his t shirt loose on his body, and dark faded jeans.
     "Was beginning to wonder you'd show." He chuckled, you looked at the time on you phone, you were fifteen minutes late.
      "Sorry, traffic was a bitch from the airport." You explained.
     "Darling, you looked stunning." Tom stated as you met in the lobby of a nice restaurant.
     "How was your flight?" Jim asked as you sat next to him.
      "Long, and tiring." You faked a smile at him.
      "I hope you had a nice flight, my love." Echoes from the past.
     "So, what kind of hobbies do you have?"
      "What's your passion in life?"
      "I don't know, I like going hiking, spending time down at the shooting range." You chuckled, taking a sip of the drink the bar tender gave you.
      "I mean what do you do in your spare time?" He laughed lightly.
     "Tell me your deepest secrets, what makes you wake up everyday, what drives you."
      "God, probably lay around and not do much. I don't have much down time." It suddenly dawned on you this wasn't going to go anywhere. You smiled over at Jim, he was trying but he could try to get to know you till he blue in the face but how do you tell someone in your spare time you try not think about the man who changed your life.
      "Surely the force gives you days off."
      "I love your passion. The fire in your eyes and conviction in your voice, it's hypnotic."
      "Yeah, they do. But generally I catch up on sleep or laundry." You replied, looking down at your glass, swirling the amber liquid.
    "Darling, let's take a vacation, just the two of us."
     "Are you trying to work your way up the force?" You took a deep breath before looking over at him.
     "I was." You say, a trace of sadness in your words. "Jim, I'm sorry, I can't do this."
     "Was it something.." you held your hand up, cutting him off.
      "It wasn't anything you said or did. You're a great guy but, I just can't. It's not fair to you to fake my way through this, I'm sorry." You tell him, giving him a sad smile as you stood. You grabbed your purse as you went to leave the bar.
     You unlocked your car as you walked up to it, wishing you could forget the sound of his voice for just an hour. An hour without reminders of him.
      "Darling?" He asked from behind you, your head snapped up. "Are you okay?"
     You spun around, mouth slack as you looked up into those stunning blue eyes, the ones that were dark and puff from lack of sleep. Tom's hair slightly curled and dampened with sweat, you could tell he had been out on one of his evening runs. Your heart began to hammer in your chest, as you told yourself not to fall apart.
     "I'll never be okay." You admitted as you shook your head, looking away from him. You could almost feel your heart breaking. You bit your bottom lip, wishing he would stay and leave at the same time.
    "Love..." He trailed off, raising his hand before letting it fall back to his side.
     "Tom, I hate this. I just want to forget you, but at the same time I don't want to." You heard the pain in your voice as a slow tear slipped down your cheek.
    "I know." He said softly, you lifted your head, looking up at him.
     "You do?" You questioned. 
     "I can't get you out of my head, trust me, I've tried." He stated, reaching out and grabbing your hands. "I was damned fool."
     "Tom, I need you in my life." You told him.
      "I thought you said.."
      "I don't care what I said, I do need you. I didn't realize how much I loved you till you weren't there. The memory of you is killing me." You spoke through your tears, dropping your last wall, allowing him to finally see your vulnerability.
     "I love you still, and for always, Darling." He said wrapping his arms around, kissing your temple as you cried into his chest.
     "Please don't let this be over." Your voice coming out weak.
      "It's not, we're not." He said pulling you back, his lips crashing into yours.