Retaining wall

5.) you were my everything and yet, I was your nothing.
4.) I've been replaced, let's just remember that.
8.) What are you doing? - digging a grave?
Hannahlogik

    You stood in the side lines, watching as every one went about their day. You huffed heavily in heat air, it was only 10 am and today threatened to be another scorcher. The team had decide to make the day of it and head down to the river. Steve agreed the bonding experience would be good for the group.
     With Nat and Clint being all goo goo over each other and then there was Pepper and Tony, they were going to be down there, plus let's not forget about the super secret relationship between two certain super soldiers, you really didn't feel like it. Instead opting to stay back and get to work on a retaining wall you had been planning for months.
     It wasn't that you didn't want to go but you know Thor was going and if he was he for sure would bring his brother along. Loki.
     For a long while you and the god of mischief were inseparable. Always talking, watching movies, pulling pranks of the rest of the team. He was batmam to your robin, and it was hard to pinpoint the moments your feelings had changed. But they had, and then one drunken night you asked him what he thought of you. A child, like a sister, his closest ally. Your world came crashing down in that moment.
     Since then you chose to spend less time with him, instead you hung around the new kid, Peter. He was cool but he'd never be Loki. Speaking of the god, after you stopped trying to be around him it's like he vanished. He never came to seek you out, maybe your friendship had been more one sided then you thought.
     So after saying bye to everyone you donned a tank top and some ratty cut off jeans. Layering on some screen, before putting your ear buds in, you got straight to work digging in the harden top soil. It wasn't long before you had downed three bottles of water, and cursed your self for not watering overnight.
    Hours in and throughly drenched in sweat and dirt, a long shadow casted over your form. You pulled your ear bud with an annoyed grunt, standing up fully you glared up. To your surprise you found Loki, standing a top the ground looking over the side you had created.
    His hair was pulled neatly back, his arms crossed as he looked down at you, his head cocked to the side. He was wearing a loose heather grey t shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. You grumbled under your breath walking back to where your water bottle lay, ice long melted.
    "What are you doing?" He asked, you rolled your eyes while your back was to him.
    "Digging a grave?" You humored, turning back to face him. "I'm evening out the side of the slope so I can put in a retaining wall."
   "Oh, the one you told me you were going to do months ago." He jested, a smirk playing across his face.
   "Yes, I figured since everyone was going to be gone I would get started." You snipped lightly at him, returning to your previous spot and slammed the spade of the shovel into the side of the small hill.
    "Would you like some help?" He asked, standing still as a statue.
    Would you like help? Of course it felt like the center of the earth and your arms were tired. But, that means working along side the man that unknowingly had broken your heart. You knew eventually you'd have to talk to him, deal with him, be around him but damn it couldn't you just have a little longer to wallow in your pain?
     "Depends, A.) are you going to talk the whole time, B.) are you going to use your magic? Cause if you answer yes to either of those then no." You snapped, stopping to glare up at him.
    You could feel your heart racing, you wanted him to turn and leave but a small part of you wanted him to get down and help. Sweat trickled down your back as he held your glare head on. Slowly he walked around and down the side of the slope, he reached out with his hand to the shovel you held.
    You handed it over, deciding to take a small break and sit in the shade. You watched Loki as he heaved the shovel up before slamming the spade down in the soil, he pressed the heel of his shoe into the back, pushing it deeper into the ground. It wasn't long before he was working up a heavy sweat himself, the back of his shirt turning dark as he perspired under the heat of the sun.
   You finally stood after ten minutes and walked back over, grabbing one the cement bricks. Your goal was to get them laid, creating a good side for the wall, eventually you wanted to plant at the base but the biggest obstacle was the ground it's self. You slammed the brick down, flattening the ground as well as you could.
   "So, how have things been?" Loki broke the silence, you almost growled under your breath as he already broke your fist request. "I see the new Kid isn't hanging around."
   "Peter went with his Aunt to the beach for the week." You clipped back. "And why would you care? It's not like your trying to find me."
    "I've been replaced, let's just remember that." Loki stated harshly, stopping the digging.
    You stood suddenly, glaring over at him. You were hot, sweaty, irritable, your hands hurt and your were tired. And this was when he decided the two of your were going to go down this route.
    "I replaced you?" You half chuckled but without the humor. "I replaced you! How about the fact you never once came to me, you called me your friend but when I stopped coming to hang out it's like you disappeared."
    You stepped up to him, feeling your face flush up. Tears threaten to fall as your eyes held his deer in the headlight stare.
    "You were my everything and yet, I was your nothing!" You growled up at him, everything you had wanted to say came out with that one sentence. "I can't do this."
    You pulled your gloves off dropping them on soil and marching back up the compound. Tears slowly streaking through the dirt on your face. You through the door open, the chilly air from the air conditioning nipping at your sweat covered skin. A hand on your shoulder forced you to turn around.
   "You think that you were nothing to me? Is that what you think?" Loki hissed, walking into you forcing your back against a wall. "My dear, I would of given you the sun, the moon, I would move the heavens for you. There is not a soul in heaven or in hell that could stop the feelings I have for you."
    Loki pulled you to him, his lips crashing into yours with force, stealing the breath from your body. He was kissing you, the moment you had wanted for so long. When he pulled back roughly looking down into your eyes your heart almost leapt out of your chest.
   "Do you still feel that way about me?" He asked softly.
   "Yes." You nodded before his lips found yours again.