Angry Bird

8.) "don't bleed on my floor."
19.) "I need a favor." - "Sure thing." - " I need you to propose to me."
Hiddles
Devilbat

It was a gorgeous spring day, and as usual you had decided to walk to the store and back. Tom was off doing whatever with one of his friends and you had decided to stay home. The two of you had just gotten home from him doing massive press tours for his new movie coming out.
     You were deep in thought about what you were making for dinner when you heard the unmistakable cry of something. It was a high pitched chirping sound, you stopped and looked around before your eyes focus on the metal grating on the side of the street.
     Curiously you walked over and peered inside, and there at the bottom was a tiny little ball of feathers. It chirped again and waddled around in the bottom of the storm drain. You snapped your head up and looked around for momma duck but didn't see her. So you did what any good hearted person would do.
~~
     Hours later Tom came home, and the first thing that greeted him was the ball of feathers running across the floor. He jumped back, momentarily startled by the baby duck, his knee catching on the corner of the chest next to the door. The duckling attempted to stop dead in its tracks, sliding across the wood floor.
     The tiny ball of fluff collided into Tom's foot, chirping the whole way. Once the bundle of energy right itself it nipped at Tom's exposed ankle and waddled off as fast as it's tiny legs would take it, heading back to the kitchen.
     "Darling?!" Tom hollered, checking the gash on his knee. "Why is there duckling in the House?"
     "Oh, you're home?!" You yelled back, bounding out of the kitchen, keeping an eye out of your avian friend.
   "Yes and again, why do we have a baby duck in the house?" He repeated his question, looking up at you.
      You stopped just inside the living room, taking in the sight of your boyfriend. His knee was actively bleeding, a tiny red mark on his ankle. His brows were pinched together as he gave you a look of confusion. The bird chirped again next to you, you glanced down noticed that the duckling was hiding behind your ankle.
      "Don't bleed on my floor." You said as you walked over toward him. "It's not good for Wade."
      "For Wade? You named him?" Tom's eyes widen.
      "Well, he needed a name." You softly said.
       "Sweetheart, why is there a duck in the house?"
      "He was stuck at the bottom of a storm drain and his mom was no near. Plus the area is crawling with cats." You bit your bottom lip, giving Tom the biggest puppy dog eyes.
     "Love, you know we can't keep him." He sighed, wrapping his arms around you. The chirping behind you intensified.
     "Tom.." You sighed.
      "Your remember what happened with squirrel." He stated, raising his eyebrow at you.
     "I know but it's a weekend and the animal sanctuary is closed till Monday, I called and left a message." You told him with a smile. "And Fredrick wasn't that bad."
     "The squirrel shredded two towels, got into my underwear draw and made a nest after it peed on them." He reminded you. "Plus it attack my ankle, much like your feathered friend."
     "I'm just saying for the weekend or till the sanctuary calls me back." You responded turning to walk back to the kitchen, the chirping ball of feathers began to quiet down.
     "Alright, but once Monday hits the duck goes." He said as he began to follow you, the chirping began to get louder.
     "Wade, his name is Wade." You said chuckling, checking the roast in the oven.
     "I don't think Wade likes me to much." Tom laughed as he stepped over the duckling into the kitchen.
      "That's cause you probably smell like a cat, your friend owns one." You quipped back, pulling the roast out.
     "So I smell bad to him." He looked down the bird who continued to chirp at him. "Does he ever stop?"
    "Actually He was pretty quiet till you got home, now go change, your upsetting my bird." You told him, giving Tom a playful shove.
     "Alright, I'll go change." He said, looking down at the angry ball. "But only cause she told me, and I hope you quiet down."
    Tom walked back to the bedroom and Wade settled back down on the towel you placed on the floor. You began to cut of the roast as the little bird watched you, the kitchen falling silent. However, you knew the precise moment Tom stepped out of the bedroom cause Wade stood back up on his tiny little webbed feet and began to make a ruckus again.
     The angry little duckling made a beeline start Tom, clipping him on the ankle again. Tom scooped the bird up with one hand and looked over at you. You repressed the urge to laugh as the baby bird chirped even louder then before and nipped at Tom's fingers.
    "Any other ideas?" Tom asked.
    "Uh, maybe feed him one of the bugs from that cup over there?" You shrugged, plating up your and Tom's dinner, taking them to the table.
      "Of course, why didn't I think of that?" He replied under his breath, taking the lid off the cup of mealy worms. He plucked one and held it before the quacking monstrosity. "You, my feathered nemesis, are getting quite loud for your size."
     The bird plucked the bug from Tom's fingers eagerly, so Tom grabbed another and gave it to the duckling before placing him back on the floor. It was if someone a put the bird on mute, contently it waddled over to the towel and curled back up. Watching Tom intently as you came in.
      "I need a favor." You stated, attempting not to giggle.
     "Sure thing." Tom replied coming over to you.
    "I need you to propose to me." You stated, Tom's eyes went wide as his face knotted up. "Wade has to have married parents, at the very least engaged. Even if it's just for the weekend."
    "Darling." Tom sighed, shaking his head as you started laughing.
    The tiny little feathered ball of fluff tucked it head up under its wing and gently drifted off.