Jaws

27.)"shhh, stop fussing, I'm just braiding your hair."
34.)"It must be hard with your sense for direction, trying to find your way to a decent pick up line."
Devilbat

After spending the last two months at the compound it would of been an understatement to say that you were excited to go back home. Thankfully your Uncle had hired some people to come in and clean your tiny little apartment up and fix the items broken in the alien encounter. You were happy to have your own space back, not that living with the Avnegers was the worst thing to happen to you, but is something about being able to just sit down and relax without having to deal with a bunch of people.
Plus there was the fact that someone was always around 'babysitting' it seemed, making sure Loki didn't get to close. You weren't one hundred percent sure that your uncle was behind it but it was to much of a coincidence. Now it was just the three of you. You, Loki, and Thor, back in your apartment, getting back into a routine.
The three of you had decided to take today as a down day, just to relax and unwind. You had put on Jaws, mainly cause you knew they would ask the funniest questions in regards to the fake giant great white. Their lack of knowledge when it came to things like movies never ceased to amaze you. You sat on the couch with Thor, who believe it or not seemed like the big brother you never had and Loki was  on the floor in front of you, resting his back against one of your legs.
"Lady y/n, are there really beast like this?" Thor asked a perplexed look written across his face, as his head slowly turned towards yours.
     "Yes and no." You giggled, carding your fingers through Loki's hair as he sat watching the movie quietly.
    "My love, how can you mean yes or no?" He piped up, eyes never leaving the screen. "It must be one or the other."
    "Well, there are great white sharks. Which is what this movie is loosely based off of." You started, gathering his hair in your fingers. "But they don't grow to the sizes in the movie. Centuries ago there would of been one that could of been the size of the shark in this movie."
      "You mean the beast was real?" Thor asked, his head snapping back at the tv.
      "Yes, it was called the megalodon." You continued to work your fingers through Loki's raven hair, twisting and flipping as you went.
       "To have fought such a creature." Thor exclaimed with enthrallment.
       "Only you would want to fight one." You chuckled, Loki attempted to turn his head and you pushed his face back straight.
      "Darling what are you doing?" He asked, reaching back with his hand. You pushed it away, while trying not to drop any hair.
    "shhh, stop fussing, I'm just braiding your hair." You remarked, you heard the man in front of you sigh as you continued to work.
     It was hours later and late in the evening before the three of you decided that food was in order and since you had yet to go shopping you determined that tonight would be an acceptable night to go out for dinner.
     "Y/n, might we be able to go to bar you've told us in your tells?" Thor asked, almost giving you a pleading look.
     "Thor.." you sighed.
      "Darling, it shouldn't be to bad, and we have been cooped up so long." Loki added with a mischievous smile.
    And like always you were out numbered, you bit the inside of your lip staring at them. Loki's hair was still pulled back in a French braid, dressed down in what he called Midgardian style. Which was jeans and a button down long sleeve blue top. Thor was dressed similarly, his long blonde hair pull back in a man bun.
     "Fine but here are the rules. No lady whatever, no throwing mugs on the floor for another round. No picking fights, yes I'm looking at you Loki." You stated, your tone even.
     "Darling, would I never.." You cut him off before he finished.
     "No, don't even Loki, you started a fight in the grocery store three months ago. Also, you no magic tricks. Let's go for you aren't from an alien planet, maybe another country but not from Asgard. We are trying to stay under the radar." You clipped, much like your uncle would. "My uncle catches wind of us leaving this apartment to go to a bar, he's going to have an aneurysm."
     "And that would be a bad thing?" Loki smirked, crossing his arms.
     "Ha, funny. He's my family remember." You grabbed your keys, sliding your feet into your shoes.
    "And Thor is mine." He stated, walking towards the door.
     "That didn't stop him from stabbing me." Thor added, following in behind his brother.
     "Your messed up family dynamics is one thing, I actually like my crazy ass uncle." You quipped as the three of you left the apartment heading the bar just down the street.
     It was small, and dark, the bass thumped through the building as a handful of people huddled close to the counter. You guided your companions to a spare table and went up the counter to order a picture and three glasses.
      "Well, well, here I was saying that there wasn't any pretty ladies in the city and I walk right up to one. What's a tiny thing like you doin' in a place like this?" A raspy voice spoke up from behind you, glancing over your shoulder you noticed the owner of the voice had to be ten years older then you and a lazy eye that wandered.
      The weathered face was ruddy in complexion and his balding hair was slicked to the side in a desperate attempt of a comb over. He had a small beer gut and was at least two inches shorter then you. He gave you a small smirk displaying one of his missing teeth, you rolled your eyes, grabbing the picture and glasses as the bartender placed them in front of you.
      "It must be hard with your sense for direction, trying to find your way to a decent pick up line." You sighed, brushing pass him.
      You made your way over to Thor and Loki.
     "Darling, are you okay?" Loki asked when he saw the look of annoyance on your face.
     "Yep, just the usual. Being hit on by men who think they have a chance." You flopped in the chair next to him.
      "Hit on?" Thor asked, his tone taking a serious turn, one that could end horribly if you didn't clarify.
      "He's trying to pick me up? Um, trying to get my attention in order to get me to talk to him, flirt?" You thought out loud, which wasn't really helping the situation.
     Loki's jaw clenched as he looked around the bar for the offender. You placed your hand on his knee, trying to calm him down. His piercing gaze landed on your face, you could see the irritation in his eyes.
    "It's fine, I've dealt with much worse. He got the hint, I wasn't interested." You told him softly, leaning over, placing your lips against his.
     "My love, does it bother you?" He asked as he leaned back, Thor finishing up pouring your drinks.
      "Yes and no." You giggle, knowing that they never understand why you said that. "Yes it's annoying, especially when I just want to hang out. And no, cause well, it happens. If you a woman and don't have a ring or a man hanging off your arm, you kind know it will happen."
      "Then I too should hit on a woman." Thor remarked looking around the room.
      "Go right a head brother." Loki grinned as Thor grabbed his glass and walked away. "In your words, this should be an epic train wreck."