Stupid Wonderful Tesseract

17.) cute little blade you got there
11.) did I tell you how beautiful your eyes are when the sun hits them?
1.) can you be serious for once? - I tried that, worst two minutes of my life.
Zombiebunny97 Loki

    You stood with your back to the sun, the warmth spreading out across your bare shoulders as you leaned forward against the stone railing, watching the water ripple out beneath you. It had been.. what only seemed like days but in fact over five years. You closed your eyes to the beauty of the park that surrounded you, the deep greens on the trees, with soft little pink flowers that spring brought. The soft fragrance of the lilacs nearby,  everything perfect and as how it should be. Except for the one glaringly thing wrong, the absence of him.
    You flicked your switchblade, as you tried not to let the lone tear slip past your lashes but failed at it. Five years, he had been gone for five years, in the blink of an eye.
  He had returned to Asgard but had still found a way to visit from time to time, and when he did it was like time stood still and the world around the two of you evaporated.
    You would whole yourself up in your apartment, and spend your time with just him and him alone. The tv off, attention only focused each other, whispering sweet nothings, soft caresses, gentle and often time fierce kisses. He could flip from the tentative lover to the commanding prince the world had seen him as. But he was yours and you loved him all the same.
     Some nights when you'd lay in bed, thinking about him you could still hear his voice. Softly talking to you hushed tones, whispering his love to you. Then you would roll over only to be greeted by a cold bed and an empty pillow.
    You took a deep breath, it was time move. You couldn't stay here, not with out him. Everything in the city reminded you of the absent trickster god. The places you had been, where you had met, even the cherry blossoms hanging in the canopy of green that made the park so beautiful. Sighing heavily to yourself, it was a hard decision, leaving your life behind but you couldn't wallow in the emptiness that New York provided.
    "Cute little blade you got there." The smooth familiar voice spoke up from behind you, causing your heart to flutter and your fingers to tremble.
     Your eyes pop open for a brief moment in disbelief. It couldn't be true, just another mirage, a phantom echo, the past hell bent on destroying you further.
    "Oh, Loki. If only you were here." You whispered softly, the moisture on your lips salty as the words left them. Slowly you closed your eyes once again, trying to dam the flow as tears continued to slip down your cheeks.
    "But darling, I am." He stated as you heard soft foot steps approach you from behind.
     Biting down on your lip you slowly turned, eyes shut, in case, in case this was all just a dream.
    "You're gone." You whispered shakily.
     "I am very much here." He replied, the warmth of his palm slowly spreading out cross you cheek. Slowly you opened your eyes, only to be greet by those eyes you had come to know so well. Raven black hair, shorter then it had been a while, he dressed as he had been the first time you had met him, in green and black leather.
     "How? Thor said Thanos killed you." Your voice just barley above a whisper, eyes searching his for some kind of answer.
    "Can't keep the god of mischief down, you of all people should know that pet." He told you light heartedly, giving you a playful wink.
     "Can you be serious for once?" You asked staring him, still trying make since of the man that stood before you.
    "I tried that, worse two minutes of my life." Loki responded rolling his eyes as he took a step up to the railing beside you, your eyes tracking his movement.
    "How are you here? Thanos snapped your neck after he strangled you. Plus the ship you had been on was destroyed. How, Loki, how!" You demanded, your voice beginning to rise as you look him over.
    Loki stared out over the water for a bit, allowing the silence to wash over you both. The rustling in the trees and the cool air nipping at your bare arms reminded you that this wasn't a dream. He looked over his shoulder to you, giving you a soft smile.
    "The Loki you had known, the one from the past decade is very much dead, my love." He replied, gauging your reaction.
    "But.. you're here?" You stated perplexed.
     "I am. The life you have lived with the Loki you know only exists for you. I escaped the capture in New York when Thor's friends attempted to steal the Tesseract." He replied, slowly he looked back over the pond. "I have no idea, my love, how or why. That's how I'm here I used the Tesseract to find you, though I was not expecting this. I knew something was a miss, something had caused them to try and steal it."
     "I don't understand?" You asked, finally raising your hand and laying it on his forearm.
     "I don't quite understand it myself my darling, all I know is I am here now." Gently he laid his hand on your hand.
     "Loki." You said softly feeling your tears well up again.
     "Did I tell you how beautiful your eyes are when the sun hits them?" He stars as you flung your arms around him, his own encircling you.
    "God bless that stupid wonderful Tesseract." You laughed light pulling away a bit just give him a brief kiss before burying yourself against his chest again.