Adventures of Duck-Pool?

You walked through the store with Tom by your side, when you eyed one of the pools your sister had taken a picture of. She had set one up in her back yard, and told you how easy they were to set up. You bit your lip and look over at your boyfriend, he still had his sunglasses on, and hat pulled down.
     "Darling?" You cooed, giving him such a sweet sweet smile.
    "Yes?" He asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.
    "Can we please get one of these fabulous pools?" You asked, it would be perfect for Wade who never actually left your house almost a year ago. Turns out the bird sanctuary was over crowded and massively understaffed.
    "Why?" Tom asked, crossing his arms over his chest.
     "Cause wouldn't be amazing to lounge in a pool after a long day? My sister said they are super easy to put together." You added just for good measure.
   The corner of his mouth pulled back as he lifted his head, Tom narrowed his eyes at you.
    "This wouldn't be for the duck would it?" He asked, damn he was catching on quick to your schemes.
     "No! Why would you think that?" You scoffed.
     "Last week you asked me to put in a pond so Wade had a place to play." He reminded you, raising his eyebrows.
     "Well, if you don't want to see me in a bikini you could of just said something." You stated, lifting your head and walking off. Shooting a text to his mom about going shopping the next day.
~~~
The following day after spending the morning with Tom's Mom, going to an early breakfast and some light shopping. One of which included a pool, you were at home, tarp laid out. You already had the pool on the large plastic sheet, reading the instruction manual when Tom came out the backdoor.
    "Darling." He sighed, you looked over your shoulder at him.
    "Yes, love?" You batted your eyes at him.
    "Would you like some help?" He chuckled, coming down the porch steps. Wade quacked as he rushed to Tom, wings lifted behind him, feather flying off his ever molting body.
     "Would love some." You smiled, looking back at the instructions.
      "Well, how about we move it more this way, so it's half in shade." He suggested, grabbing the bottom tarp and pulling it gently toward the side.
    "Are you sure? That side doesn't look as level." You stated, Tom looked up and smiled.
     Sure your sister said it was easy put together, when you have an extra set of arms. After you and Tom stretched out the pool, you inflated the ring and started to fill it. You smiled as Wade waddled and flopped over the ring, making a small splash, feathers flying up in the process.
    After wade's first molt he never stopped, his feathers constantly growing and falling out. Because of this he would never fly, you took to making him shirts in the winter months to keep him from getting too cold. You even made him a deadpool costume for Halloween this past year, Tom was only slight annoyed that the duck wasn't Loki.
   The pool wasn't even a quarter of the way full when you realized that the pump need to be installed. Tom sat down and opened the bags, giving the manual a quick glance before starting to put it together. Wade walked around in the water, quacking up a storm.
    He noticed Tom put his hand on the inside of the pool to put the water screen for the tube in and that's when he really made a ruckus. Wade waddled over as fast as his little legs would take him, squawking up a storm smacking Tom's hands with his wings.
    "Darling, mind grabbing your duck." Tom stated through his teeth.
    "Our duck, yes." You giggled, walking over and lifting him up. Tom finishing installing the pump, giving you a triumphant smile.
     "Is it just me, or does the water look like it's more on one side?" You asked, putting Wade back in the pool.
     "It does, doesn't it." Tom said, he looked around the backyard, eyeing the massive mound of dirt from the flower beds you had taken out. "I have an idea."
     You saw where he was looking, you sighed and shook your head.
     "This is going to be good." You chuckled under your breath.
     He loaded the wheel barrow up with dirt and brought it over to the side of the pool that was leaning awkwardly. He took his shoes off and rolled up his pants legs, you eyes him with curiosity.
    "I lift the edge and you pour dirt down." He explained, getting in the cool ankle deep water. Wade quaking in protest, beating the man's legs with his wings. "Knock it off bird brain, I'm trying to help."
     "Alright, Hopefully this works." You sighed, Tom bent over, grabbing the edge and pulled it back a ways.
     The water sloshed to the other end, lifting the duck off of his legs. He swam around happily behind your boyfriend, as you pour the dirt under the edge and went and got a second load. You smoothed the dirt out the best you could.
    Tom slowly released the side he was holding, staying slight bent at the waist. He got out of the pool and the two of you decided to let it fill a bit more and reaccess the situation. And hour later and a foot deeper, you agreed the maybe more dirt was needed.
    However this time Tom reached around the edge and sat back, having use more muscle to pull the edge back. Wade happily swam around till he eyed the man sitting in the pool. Wade made beeline as you began pouring more dirt under the edge, he squawk at Tom and nipped him right on the nose.
    "Damn it Wade!" Tom yelled, pulling his head back as the duck yet again started beating him with his wings, fluffy feathers floating off the duck.
     It was at that moment you looked up, the top of Tom's nose was red, feathers floated in the air and the water around him. And Wade, ninja chopping him with his featherless wings. You lost it, Tom's face was  scrunched up and turned away from the angry duck.
    "Darling, I love you and I love that you love your bird but laughing is not helping." Tom stated, you reached into the pool and pulled the duck out setting him on the ground next to you.
     "Wade, you can't hit daddy like that, it's not nice." You chuckled, pouring the next load of dirt down.
     "You know, he can't tell that your serious when your laughing about it." Tom shook his head, slowly lowering the edge.
     "Sorry, I'll try not to next time. And you know the only reason he's mad is cause you went in there before I did." You looked at Tom, he got out of the pool and picked Wade up, cradling the duck under his arm.
    Wade leaned his head against Tom's chest, making almost chirping sounds.
    Hours layers, the pool was finally full, and almost completely level, the three of you were relaxing in the cool water. You were sprawled out on a lounge floaty, Tom was in a tube and Wade happily swimming around both you.
    "You know, we will have to clean out the filter more then most since he won't stop molting." Tom sighed.
    "He can't help it, he has a condition." You replied, looking over at Tom.
   "I know, I've seen the feathers all over the house." He looked over at you as you slid off of the floaty and walked over toward him. You stopped about half way and cock your head, you felt something square under the pool.
    "Tom, where is your wallet?"