Birthday Cold

10.) "sorry, I have a clingy feverish assassin on my lap, I'll call you back when I've convinced him having a cold doesn't mean he's dying."
34.) "She doesn't love me, she's not that stupid."
38.) "Sitting around waiting to get kidnapped. This is the best day ever."

You wandered around the abandoned factory, wondering how the hell you ended up in this position, yet again. In mean time you had made a game of trying to deduce what the factory had been intended for to begin with.
You pressed the palms of your hands together in front of your face, your pointer fingers just touching your lips. Putting on the best Sherlock Holmes impression you could you looked around the almost empty building. You got nothing, nothing at all.
"Sitting around waiting to be kidnapped. This is the best day ever." You remarked dryly to yourself. Day before your birthday and yet here you were playing bait. Again.
Three men came out of the shadows, well maybe they were men, the weird silver helmets kind of made it hard for you to truly see. Maybe that was a good thing, you've seen some alien races in your time, and Thor had described enough of them to you to last a life time.
"Ah, tourist!" You exclaimed as they stalked towards you, spears in hand. The closer they came the more you began to wonder if Tweedledee and his equally moronic brother Tweedledumb were going to show. "Did you want the grand tour or the five second one? This place has loads of opportunities for growth."
You could hear them chatter amongst themselves, as they neared. A slow droplet of sweat made lazy course down your spine. Anytime now, boys. You thought to yourself.
As three of them raise their spears, a flourish of movement came from both sides. Raptors man, they always come from the sides.
Lighting arced through the interior of the building, as daggers flew through the air. There they were, you held your ground doing your best not to look impressed. One of the alien cretins careened through the air into the wall, taking it out as he continued his flight.
"This spacious building comes with a drive threw window," you remarked, "it just as a few electrical problems."
Thor slammed the Mjolnir down to the ground lighting arced up from the ground, the two left instantly seized as it traveled up their bodies. Dropping to the ground, smoke coming off their bodies.
"We done, guys?" You asked, trying sound bored.
"Are you quite down with the commentary?" Thor asked, walking up to you.
"Oh, I really haven't even started, would you like me to continue?" You quipped falling in stride as he passed, Loki to his side.
"Brother, she really does have some wonderful descriptions of our battles." Loki chimed in, winking at you.
"Loki, you are not helping." He grumbled, throwing the hammer against his shoulder.
     "Only cause she highlighted the building this time and not you." He jested, grinning over at you.

Long after the three of your returned home, you were curled up watching the BBC, trying to relax. Also trying to ignore the two bickering in the kitchen.

"Thor that's quite enough." Loki stated, pouring himself some of the herbal tea you kept in stock. You bought it just for him, though you told him you liked it as well.
"Seriously, Loki, are you just that dumb or that blind?" Thor looked at him, before he sighed.
"She doesn't love me, she's not that stupid." He told him, grabbing his cup before joining you the couch. You leaned against his long frame, Loki propping his arm behind you on the couch. He glanced over to his brother, Thor just smirked.
"Loki, y/n, I bid you good night." Thor bowed lightly before leaving the room.
"I see you managed to run your brother off." You say, looking up at Loki. His eyes capturing yours.
"I did no such, my darling." He leaned in pressing his lips lightly against yours.
"How long till you think he figures this out?" You asked him, your tone playful as you turned your body to face him.
"Not too much longer. He's already starting to question me." He replied pulling you into his lap. "Though, once he finds out."
His lips met your collar bone, as he tighten his grip on your waist. His intentions were clear, both of you had decided to keep things slow, and hadn't gone any further then stolen kisses. You felt his teeth drag a long the side of your neck, as he pressed you down into him. You could feel his growing need.
"Not tonight." You breathed, trying to keep yourself in control. "I promise soon though."
    You heard Loki growl before he sighed releasing his hold on you. You pulled yourself from him, wanting very much for him to take you right there, right then.
     Slowly you made your way back to your room, thinking only of the Asgardian that had captured your sanity, along with your heart. You weren't sure why you wanted to wait or what you were waiting for. You changed into your pjs as your thoughts only of the god of mischief.

    The morning you woke to a commotion coming from some where in the house. You sprang to your feet, snagging the dagger Loki insisted on you having. Slowly you crept out in the hall, the sounds were coming from the kitchen.
    You took two deep breaths wondering where the hell your two large useless Asgardian guard dogs were. Suddenly you sprang into the kitchen, catching Loki off guard almost stabbing him.
     "Jesus, Loki, I thought you were something here to kill me." You say as he held your hand that still firmly grasping the dagger.
      "Sorry love." He replied, sounding tired. He looked like crap, eyes were red and puffy, his nose looked red. A blanket was drapped over his shoulders.
     "Loki, what's the matter?" Your mood swiftly changing to one of concern. As you pressed the back of you hand to his forehand. "Hang on, are you sick?"
    "Seems so." His face scrunched up before he turned sneezing into his elbow. "I was going to make some of that tea you made the last time you were sick."
    "Alright, go lay down on the couch, I'll get it for you." You tell him, patting his back as you went to the cupboard. You grabbed the box that had what he was searching so desperately for. You boiled the water, tea bags soaking. You hear him grown from the couch.
    "The god of mischief, a man from another realm brought down by a common mortal cold." You say lightly, trying not to laugh at situation.
    "Shush, temptress." You heard him remark miserably from the couch.
    "Tisk tisk, is that anyway to speak to me, the holder of your tea?" You quip back coming around the couch, the cup in your hands. Loki sat up, looking relieved.
     "In all the years and all the realms I have never truly felt like this. If death shall come to me, I'd happily greet him." He mused.
    You sat down, he took a sip before laying his head in your lap. He closed his eyes, truly he did look pathetic. His hair was a mess, as he curled up to you. Your phone rang, it was Tony calling.
     "Hey, Tony." You answered, running your fingernails cross Loki's scalp.
    "Y/n.." he started before you cut him off, not really wanting to listen to your uncle.
   "Sorry, I have a clingy feverish God on my lap, I'll call you back when I've convinced him having a cold doesn't mean he's dying." You tell him before hanging up.
     "I'm sorry, my sweet darling." He sighed, snuggling into your leg.
     "About what? Getting me out of another ridiculous update to my uncle?" You joked.
     "No, it's your birthday. And I had the entire day planned out for you." He admitted sadly.
     "Then I'll take a raincheck till your back to your usual witty charming self."  You leaned down kissing his forehead.