Lucky night

31. ) I like your name. - thanks I got it for my birthday.
Tom jewels2876

It was near midnight by the time you got to the pub, your dress soaked, the hem covered in mud and who knows what else. The mask you had been wearing shoved into the deep recesses of your clutch. A shiver tore through your body as your sleeveless arms were covered in goosebumps. It was long walk from your coworkers house to the place but you really didn't give a damn. They had been throwing a masquerade style Halloween party and you had decided against your better judgment to go since they had told you that the guy you had been crushing on was going to be there. What they didn't tell you was his girlfriend was going to be there as well.
Oh, your coworker knew you like him and promised to set you up. They set you up alright, for disaster. From the moment you showed up early to help, to the moment you went and changed in this silver ball style down with black lace overlay, the stupid black lace mask. And then he showed up looking dashing in a tux with a cheap black plastic half mask looking like the phantom. He was arm and arm with a red head in a stunning forest green evening dress.
Your coworker leaned forward as your heart sank and whispered oh, I forgot to tell you that he has a girlfriend.
You tried to stick it out after that but you didn't know or want talk to anybody else so you left. You had forgotten your coworker had come to pick you so you didn't even have a car to get home, not that you were in the mood to go home. That's when you remembered that run down pub down the street, so you did what any girl would do. You walked down, your heels clicking the whole way, in the rain.
     The outside of the pub was a little more run down then you would of liked it to be but at this point you didn't care. All you want was a nice stiff drink, something to take the anger and self pity away. You felt stupid, naive, and just like a plain old idiot believing your coworker that you had a chance with that guy.
      You pulled open the door, the sounds of music poured over you from an old jukebox somewhere in the building. It was dimly lit, neon signs greeted you as you stepped in side, on any given day you would never be caught dead in a place like this but it was warm and there was bottles of alcohol. There wasn't very many people in the building, an older couple at the slot machines, two guys playing pool in the corner, another sat at the bar watching whatever was on tv. 
     Walking up to the bar counter you waited a brief moment when an older man walked up, thick big rimmed glasses and a thatch of pure white hair. He had a bar towel slung over his shoulder as he smiled at you.
     "You look all dressed up with no place to go, what can I get you?" He asked.
      "A whiskey and coke, I guess." You replied sitting on the stool near the lone guy.
     He briefly looked over at you and his blue eyes caught yours. His sandy blonde hair was a mess and slightly curly, he gave you a small smile while he tipped his head slightly. There was something familiar about him though you couldn't place your finger on it. The bar tender set your drink down before wandering off.
      "Beautiful dress." The sandy haired man stated, you shivered again despite the warmth over the building, the lingering chill of being caught in the rain at night in the fall having its hold on you.
     "Thank you." You replied, rubbing one of your hands up and down your arms trying to warm yourself up. 
     "You must be freezing." He stated, standing and pulling his jacket off. He walked over and gently draped it over you shoulders.
    "Thank you but you don't have to." You replied, but he shook his head, you smiled at him as the warmth of the jacket spread over your arms and the scent of his cologne washed over you.
     "So how is it, a beautiful woman like you, dressed to the nines, ended up soaking wet and in a pub like this?" He asked as he sat down next to you.
     "It's a long story." You replied, grabbing your drink and lifting it to your lips, the liquid inside the glass swirling a bit.
     "Please, humor me."
      "A masquerade party gone wrong, horribly wrong." You started, shaking your head. "I was invited under this pretense that the guy I liked was going to be there and that I had a chance. However..."
     You shrugged, and then gestured to your soaking dress.
     "His loss then." He smiled as he leaned side ways a bit, putting his weight slightly on the bar top. "So what's your name?" 
     "Y/n." You replied.
      "I like your name." He grinned as he bit his bottom lip.
      "Thanks, I got it for my birthday." You giggled as you took another drink. "What's yours?"
      "Tom, nice come back." He chuckled. That's when you realized why he looked so familiar, that chuckle, that voice, the curls. It wasn't just a Tom but The Tom. "Yeah, that one."
     "Sorry, I just didn't realize." You responded after he must of noticed that you finally recognized him.
     "It's all right, so out of all the places you could of ended up you decided to walk into this run down pub?" He asked, cocking his head slightly
     "It was the closest one, and I could say the same about you, I mean this isn't like any place super nice." You replied.
     "Well, it's nice not to go to a place everyone knows me, or cares, I used to come here ages ago. And Mr. Lee is one of the best bar tenders I've ever known." He told you as he looked around. "It's kind of like home, I'm sure you have a place you do like that."
     "I do, and your right, I normally would of never came in here. Guess it's my lucky night." You giggled.
    "No, my dear, it's my lucky night. Let me buy your next drink."