New Recuit

15.) did I fall into another world? And why are you licking my arm?
25.) I'm not completely human, remember that the next time you try and punch me in the face.

     Loki had been watching you for a while now, he noticed that you only worked out late at night or early in the morning. You were one of the most active and talkative of the avengers but there would times when you would excuse yourself at meal times. It bothered him to no end that you would leave. He tolerate the rest of the avengers for the sake of peace and his brother, you on the other hand. You had found a soft niche somewhere deep in him, he adored you.
    The way your nose crinkled when you laughed, the hair you blew your hair out of you face when you were annoyed with someone. Your laugh was a delightful sound in stark contrast to stern words everyone else gave him. You never shied from him, when he and Thor arrived after Asgard was blown to bits you accepted him as you accepted Thor as equal.
   He watched you as jogged on the treadmill, the way your hips moved. Simply beautiful, the most Devine creature on this earth. He licks his lips subconsciously, you were in yoga pants and a loose tank top. He watched the way you moved, the shirt clinging to your curves as sweat trickled down your neck.
    You suddenly had a feeling as if someone was watching you. Slowly you turned the treadmill off, allowing it to slow down to a walk before stopping. You pull the towel off the treadmill and wiped your face before laying it a cross your shoulders, purposely covering your arms.
    "Loki." You greeted him as you turned, you watched as his eyes racked over your body. You pulled the hem of shirt out away from you in an attempt to hide yourself.
    "Dear, you look ravishing as always." Loki's smooth voice greeted your ears as you walked over to grab your bag.
    "Loki, I'm sweaty, and a hot mess. If you think this looks ravishing then you need to have your eyes checked." You quipped back, pulling the bag to your shoulder.
     "And those are the exact reasons I find you ravishingly at the moment." His eyes sparkled, as they landed back down to your chest.
    "You're crazy." You say, walking pass him and out of the training room door. Seriously guys like him weren't attracted to people like you, you weren't even sure why he entertained you that way.
   It was all Thors fault Loki knew you harbored a crush on him, the first, last, only time you went drinking with either of the Asgardian brothers. Alcohol was your truth serum, and unfortunately you spilled the beans that night. Since then he made a habit of flirting you, and you weren't exactly sure why he did it.
    You returned to your room, walking straight to shower. You disrobed, ignoring the mirror, one of these days you thought.

     It was later that day you were in the training room, mandatory sparring as directed by Steve. Every other day everyone had to get together to mock fight, to make sure everyone stayed at peak shape, or to see how others were advancing. Steve was demonstrating a new move to teach the new recruits, which included you. His test dummy was a very grouchy and oblivious tired Bucky, who kept grumbling remarks under his breath about Steve's snoring keep him up all night. With a quick flourish he had the hundred year old trained assassin on the floor, pinned beneath him cussing.
    There was an odd number of students in the class and you were always the odd 'man' out. Because of this you always paired up with Steve or who ever his unsuspecting victim was that day. Usually Bucky and sometimes Sam. Today though Loki stepped in and offered to be your dummy.
    "Loki, you don't have to." You say, bringing your fists up.
     "But darling you need a dummy and I haven't a thing to do." He replied, standing his ground waiting for you to move.
     "Well, at least you admit you're a dummy." You joke back, earning that killer smile of his. Soon you were walking through the movements of the take down, despite your size you knew the reason you were chosen as an Avenger. It was your quick mind, you could process information faster then anyone else. It took one try and you had Loki sprawled out beneath you, his chest heaving as he looked up you. You pressed your forearm down on his face like Steve had shown you.
   To your astonishment Loki licked your forearm with a glint in his eye. You felt your face knot up in confusion.
    "You do taste as good as you look." He whispered only loudly enough for you to hear. His held eye contact as his tongue slipped out again flicking against the side of your arm.
    "Did I fall into another world? And why are you licking my arm?" You asked in a hushed tone springing up off of him. He smirked back up at you as you looked around, no one noticing your interaction with the man.
    "Leaving so soon, I was enjoying how that felt, having you on top of me." He purred standing back up.
    "Your crazy, you know that. I don't get why your doing this but stop okay." You find yourself saying, instinctively wrapping your arms around your waist.
    "What do you mean?" He asked, stepping towards you.
     "Look, I get it. It's easy for you to flirt with me because you know I like you but to keep leading me on like this, it not okay." You snap, strutting to the door, grabbing you bag. Steve lifted his head, seeing the anger and pain in your eyes as Loki followed you, so did Bucky. They exchanged glances, the whir of metal plates shifting went unnoticed.
    "I don't understand Lady Y/n, I am not leading you on.." what ever he had to say, he didn't get to finish. Bucky grabbed him hard by the collar of his shirt forcing him spin around and face the angry ex-assassin.
     Big brother Bucky had stepped up in your absence, his metal fist connected with Loki's face before he had the time to think. Steve grabbed the pissed off relic from the past shoving him away from the god of mischief. Loki slowly brought his hand to his lip, wiping the blood from it.
    "I'm not completely human, remember that the next time you try and punch me in the face." He growled a warning at Bucky, before leaving to find you.
    He found you in the study, already changed and curled up with a book. He walked over and joined you on the sofa. You didn't bother to look up at him, gently he placed his hand on your knee.
    "Love?" He said softly, slowly you lifted your eyes, still puffy and red. "Darling, what's the matter?"
     "You." You replied, suppressing the urge to sniffle.
    "Me? I'm afraid I don't quite understand." He said adjusting himself to fully face you. You sighed, resting your book in your lap.
     "Yes, you, guys like you. The really attractive ones, are never interested in chicks like me." You say, looking up at the ceiling trying to will the tears back.
     "I still don't follow. Why would think I wouldn't be interested in you? Have I not dropped enough hints that I like you?" His eyes were soft and full of warmth.
    "Loki, look at me. I'm not like Natasha, or Wanda. I'm not like any of the girls here, their so much prettier then me and..." you trailed off not wanting to say the word but allowing him to fill in your blank.
     "Sweet love of mine, I'm not interested in someone like Natasha or Wanda. I'm interested in you, you are perfect. Starting with inside radiating all the way out." He reached for your hand, pulling you into him. "I could careless what you look like, it's your sharp wit, and your careing nature I've fallen for."
     His hands glided up your sides, as he leaned in and kissed you. He pulled you closer as you tried to pull away from his touch.
    "Let me worship you the way you deserve to be worshipped." He whispered to you.