My Uncle

36.)  I don't like the idea of you walking down the street alone at night.
37.) Why is it at 3 am it feels okay to bare your soul but not at a reasonable hour, say like noon.
19.) calm down, you're scaring me.
Loki And Thor
Devilbat

     "I don't like the idea of you walking down the street alone at night." Thor's voice bellowed as you pulled on your jacket.
    You had spent the evening hanging out with two Asgardian princes. They seemed like decent people, sweet even. Though they did tend to bricker and argue. You looked over at the man, pulling a small bottle of mace from your pocket.
    "Thor, I've been walking the streets late a night long before you came here." You replied. "I'll be fine trust me."
    "Lady y/n, I understand, still though, I would feeler safe if my brother or I traveled with you." Thor stated, walking over to you. "Plus, what would your uncle say?"
    "I'm not scared of my uncle, he's a giant pussy cat." You replied with a smile. "But if you're that worried about it, then fine."
   "Brother, I do believe Tony sent a file for you to read over. I can see y/n, back to her home." Loki suggested, you smiled at Thor giving him a look.
    "Alright, Loki behave though." Thor stated as Loki pulled on his own jacket.
   The two of you exited the tower, slowly making your way down the street. The pavement was wet it had only recently stopped raining. The crisp night air hitting you in the face.
    "So my uncle is trying to find a place for you and your brother?" You asked, breaking the silence.
    "Yes, after our home was destroyed this was the first place we turned to." He responded back, you stared at the ground as you made you way down the street.
    "Why can't you stay at the tower or the compound?" You asked, looking over at him.
   "Well," He chuckled half heartily. "I did try and take over your planet. Also I may have brainwashed one of his assassins. And caused a small wreck here in New York."
    "So What, if my uncle can get past what James Barnes did to his parents surely the rest of the team can get past what you did." You looked back to the ground. "That's if you want to hang out with a bunch of do gooders. What about Thor?"
    "Thor has stay with me, part of the agreement he had to sign when we came to Midgard." He grumbled.
    "Ahh, but you don't agree?"
    "No, I understand why your leaders would request it. It's smart, Thor keeping me line, except the fact that his brute strength is nothing compared to my magic." You looked over and saw a small grin playing across his face.
  He was charming and handsome, that was for sure. When your uncle approached you with the idea at first you weren't sure. Your original apartment was one of those destroyed in the attack on New York, and you had gotten a new one. Having not one but two alien men disrupting your quiet little life seemed like it would be daunting. Especially after your uncle explained how Thor could get.
     You agreed only to meet the brothers, to see if the three of you would get along. And you knew if you accept your uncles offer that it would put you in a small bit of danger, considering who they were.
    "You know, when my uncle suggested the idea having you and Thor living with me.. I said no right away. I pictured something the complete opposite of what I saw tonight." You stated out loud.
    "What did you picture?" Loki asked, his head turning slightly his interest peaked.
    "I don't know, the two of you at each other's throats, Thor slamming things around. I'm not sure." You sighed. "But the two you are very sweet and actually seem like you care about each other."
    "As much as I appreciate your honesty, I must ask, where did this admission come from?" Loki asked as you neared an old brick building.
    "I don't know, why is it at three am it feels okay to bare your soul but not at a reasonable hour, say like noon." You smiled at him opening the door.
    You walked over to the stairs on the left side, taking two at a time with Loki following behind you. You climbed up to the third floor and opened the door leading down a narrow hallway. Loki trailed behind you quietly, waiting patiently as you opened the third door on the left.
    You flicked the light on, the small cozy apartment lighting up before the both of you. It wasn't anything big or expensive like your uncles but it was home. And you adored every part of it.
    "You live here, while your uncle lives like a king?" Loki asked bewildered.
     "Yes?" You turned giving him a questioning look.
    "This, this is.." he trailed off suddenly angry. "You should live like a queen."
   "Loki, calm down, you're scaring me. My  uncle offered me an apartment on the upper west side. A huge lavish apartment but, it's not me. This is, its humble, and cozy." You replied with a smile. "As much as I love my uncle, I'm not him. I don't want to live surround by technology that I don't understand."
    "So, you turn you uncle down for something more.. you?" He asked, unsure of what you meant.
    "I pay for my apartment with my own money, I don't use the Stark name cause I want to make my own way in life. I don't want people to like me cause I'm a Stark, I want people to like me for me." You grinned as you saw him understand with a smile and a nodded.
     "Then I apologize, I meant not to offend you."
    "You didn't, and you and your brother are welcome to move in. I have two spare bedrooms. I just have to ask you guys not to make a bunch of noise at night cause I get up super early." You smiled, walking over to a shelf pulling a set of keys off. You handed them over to him with a smile. "Welcome home Loki."