Shakespearean Tea

30.). "You have witchcraft on your lips."
33.) "can I kiss you?"
39.) "I don't want to sleep alone tonight."

     It was one of the few times it was just the two of you, the apartment almost seemed too quiet without the lumbering oaf. You pulled the pot of tea off the stove, making a mental note to pick up more when you go to the store next time.
   "This man, Shakespeare, tell me about him." Loki calmly stated as he walked into the kitchen. You turned about bewildered, he did not just ask you about the dead playwright.
    "Say that again?" You asked quizzically, pouring yourself and him a cup of tea.
    "Shakespeare. Tell me about him." He repeated, taking a seat in the breakfast nook. You blinked hard at him, how the hell did he find out about him. You groaned as you sat down, Loki had told you about Asgardian's love for theatrics. Hence why you made sure that no one brought it up around him.
      "He's dead, been that way for a while." You say flatly sitting down. "And please tell me, how do you know about him?"
     "Your uncle, Tony once compared my brother to Shakespeare in the park." He blew on his cup before taking a sip, his eyes trained on you.
    "Uh he was alive somewhere in the late 1500's. English poet and playwright. I don't remember a lot of his stuff, it's hard to understand cause it written in old English and no one talks that way anymore. Well you and Thor kind of do." You shrug, taking a sip from your cup looking a cross the table at him.
    "Do you remember any of the stuff he has written, or can you look on your phone?" He asked, a lilt of excitement in his voice. You took a deep breath, blowing back out forcefully racking your brain till remembered one, one that you had like so much while you were in school.
    "Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love. It's from his play hamlet." You tell him, wondering if you butchered it. It's been so long since since you even thought about the subject.
    "It's quite lovely." He replied, leaning back in his chair. "You have witchcraft on your lips. When you speak like that."
    "What when I recite Shakespeare?" You brows scrunched up in confusion. "You've got to being kidding me."
    "No, it's beautiful coming those sweet lips of yours." He gave you that cheeky smile that always made it a bit harder to breathe. "Can I kiss you?"
     "Oh, you're asking to kiss me now." You remarked, leaning over the table as he did the same. You lips touched just briefly before your phone went. You groaned as you reached back snagging it off the counter, speaking of your uncle.
    "Yes, uncle tony." You say slightly annoyed knowing your day was going to abruptly change, most likely not for the good.
    "Y/n, as much as I would to chat, I really need you and magic boy to vacate your apartment." He clipped into the phone.
    "Seriously? Why now?" You groaned, last time was cause Friday ratted you out for kissing Loki.
    "You're going to argue with me on this?" His voice was hurried, static on his end.
    "Tony the last time you called you said it was a life of death emergency and it was just cause you don't like the idea of me dating him." You put your palm to your forehead. Loki raised an eyebrow at you, taking another sip of tea.
    "Look, y/n we can argue you not dating the reindeer in the green suit and leather but I need you out right now!" That's when you finally heard it, the thrusters from the iron man suit in the back ground.
     Your eyes shot up to the god before you, you could feel the blood drain from your face. Something was happening, something big if Tony was using the iron man tech, you stood suddenly catching the small table with your knee. Your tea cup rattled on the top, tea sloshing over the sides.
      "Alright, where should we go?" You dashed out of the kitchen, Loki on your heels.
     "Anywhere but there." You heard before you hung up, slipping your shoes on.
    "Loki, we gotta go." You stated, grasping the door knob.
     "Darling, I kind of figured that, what's going on?" He asked, you turned to look at him. Worry on your face, hand on the door knob all you could was shake your head.
    "I don't know, but he's demanding of us to leave and he's in the suit." You relayed, he nodded. You turned just in time for your door to splinter in toward you catching you by surprise.
     You were knocked back into Loki, as chunks of wood cascaded around the two of you. Distorted men came in, as Loki spun you behind him. His clothes shifting from a loose black shirt and track pants to his armor and black leather. Daggers slid down his palms, as his body tended up.
     "Love, I need you to stay behind me." His words were edgy, you stared at his back.
     He brought his hands up, thrusting daggers at the intruders coming in your tiny apartment. You jumped as you heard glass break behind you, one of those things coming in through your kitchen window. Your eyes flickered of the pot of tea on the counter.
     You sprang from your spot as Loki continued to fight off the horde swarming through your front door. You snagged the pot just as it reach to grab you, you spun a full 360 degrees, slamming to end of the still hot pot into its slimy grey face. Tea splashing everywhere in your kitchen, as the thing staggered back beside the refrigerator.
     You flung the door to the fridge open, bring the heel of your foot up slamming it into the compartment part to the door. It smashed into the bewildered creature, catching it off guard. Its body bounced off the kitchen wall, you snagged the extra toaster off the top of the fridge, slamming it down at top of its skull.

    Later that evening you and Loki were in the Avengers compound, it was late by the time you had arrived. Your apartment had been torn to shreds, and your uncle wanted to wait a couple days before either of you returned incase the alien race wasn't done. You walked in silence next to Loki, exhaustion had set in.
     Everything had been a blur, acting only on the rush of adrenaline, now though you felt sluggish and your eyes were heavy. You were definitely not used to that. You reached the end of the hall where two open rooms were waiting for you.
    "Good night my darling." Loki whispered, kissing your temple gently.
    "I don't want to sleep alone tonight. Not after that." You say, grasping his hand, you looked over.
    He nodded in understanding following you into the bedroom. You climbed on the bed, as he did the same, you curled your body up tight to his. You sighed deeply as sleep started to take it's hold.
     "I'll always keep you safe, my love."