The Walk

Haha-what-is-life
3.)  I love it when someone insults me, it means I don't have to be nice anymore.
10.) I'd tell you to be yourself but that almost got us killed last time.

Today was one of those days, one of those days where nothing went right. From the time you woke up, two hours late to training. Steve was fuming, and handed you ass for it. Then when you decided to go out for a cheat meal your favorite diner messed up your food, normally you would of sent it back but the place was packed and it would of taken to long. To top it off your car tire was flat by the time to you got back to it.
The only saving grace was Loki had decided to join you on your outing. You weren't sure how you would of reacted to the flat had he not been there, either cry or beat the crap out the useless vehicle. He knew just how to calm you down, whether it was kind words or a gentle touch.
The two of you managed to push the disabled car to the garage a cross the street. With promise of the car being done in a little while you and Loki decided to wander the downtown street getting lost in local shops. It was relaxing being away from others, especially since a mission was coming up and everyone was getting tense.
"I'm sure everything will go fine, darling." Loki told you as you both passed a bar, patrons had spilled out smoking, their hearty laughter filled the air.
     "I know, it's just this isn't like when we have dealt with hydra. I mean it is, and it's not." You sigh, you didn't realize that the upcoming mission had made you so tense till Loki had spoke up.
    "Hey sugar lips." You heard the cat call but chose to ignore it. After all you were walking with Loki, odds are it wasn't directed at you anyway. "Sugar lips, I'm talking to you sweet thing, ditch that goon and come see a real man."
      You placed your hand on Loki's shoulder, he was tense, his lips turning into a thin line. The last thing you needed was the god of mischief to psycho on some poor fool.
    "Loki, ignore them." You said calmly.
    "Whatever, stupid bitch. Had your opportunity, cunt." You heard him yell from behind you. You weren't exactly sure what happened, whether it was your tolerance for stupidity was too low today, the fact you had had enough cat calls in your life, or just the fact it was Tuesday. His comment was the last straw, the one that broke the camels back.
    You spun quickly, your eyes landed on biggest dude, who happened to be laughing with his friends. You stormed over toward them with long confidant strides. Hell has no fury.
     "Hey asshole!" You yelled, he turned his head regarding you with a greasy smile. "What the hell did you just say?"
      "Hey there sugar lips." He smirked, but not for long. You pulled the knife you had hidden in the waist band of your pants. Two steps and you had him pinned to the wall of the building, the blade inches from his most private of parts.
    "I think you have me mistaken for someone else!" You growled, the man trembled in front you, holding his hands up. "I suggest you really rethink who you cat call, dirtbag. There isn't a woman in New York who would find that language acceptable, nor would she dropped anything to come running to a disgusting, foul, revolting piece of garbage such as yourself."
     If it wasn't for Loki gently placing his hands on your shoulders you weren't sure how the rest of that would've played out.
     "I think the lady has made her point quite clear." Loki's calm voice behind you uttered out, pulling you away. "Come on, love, let's keep walking."
     You spat on the man as you turned away, your body shook from the rush of adrenaline coursing through your veins. You put your knife away, shaking your hands out. You took a deep breath, calming yourself back down.
     "Lady y/n, may I ask what that was about?" Loki smirked, he secretly loved it when you lost your cool. Moments like that were far and few in between, where as you hated appearing anything but cool and rational, Loki adored seeing the passion and drive in you, the fire in your eyes that drove him crazy.
     "I love it when someone insults me, it means I don't have to nice anymore." You say, looking straight a head, you saw the alley before you. You knew hat you could cut through and it would take you almost back to the garage where you car would be waiting for you.
     "Loki, let's cut through." You shrugged, nodding your head the alley way. He nodded following down the narrow alley way.
    "I could of handled that for you." He told you softly. You smiled at him, stopping to face him. He was always so protective of you, with most men it infuriated you, however it was different with him.
     "We both know that wouldn't of been a good idea." You tell him, flattening the lapels of his jacket, running your hands down his chest.
    "I promise, I wouldn't of hurt him. I would of just been my charming self as always." His smile was sweet as he wrapped his arms around you placing a gentle kiss on your nose.
   "And that would of been the problem." You chuckled.
   "You don't want me to be me in those kind of situations?" His face knotted up in confusion.
   "I'd tell you to be yourself but that almost got us killed the last time." You sigh looking up at him.
   "It was a slight over sight, and I think you might be exaggerating a bit."
    "I was in the infirmary for three days, and your brother was stuck as a frog for a week." You replied, cocking your head at him.
    "In my defense, it sounded like a good plan at the time." Pulling you closer.
    "I know, but next time please allow me to do the talking. I really don't like be shot." You sigh placing your head on his chest.
    "How was I supposed to know that he would take the insult so personally?" He quipped.
    "That's the point of an insult, I still don't understand why you turned Thor into a frog though."
     "Cause, it's entertaining." He replied kissing the top of your head. "Ready to go home my pet?"