The mission

4.) I don't know if I want to push you off a bridge or kiss you - can I pick?
6.) you are remarkably well behaved tonight, what did you do?

     "Darling you look fabulous tonight." Loki cooed as he took long strides across the hotel floor towards you. Your emerald green dress was elegant, it was silk and pooled at your feet. Loki had demanded you wear it, claiming green was just simply your color.
    This was a mission, you repeated to yourself for the hundredth time. You attempted not to fidget with the hem of your dress, why on gods green earth did Tony think allow Loki to join on this mission would be a good idea? And why had Steve agreed and decided to have him team up with you was a whole other story.
    But dear lord, could that man dress, and dress well. He was wearing one of his signature black suits, the one that just things for you. His hair was perfectly swept back, and he radiated confidence and power. Even after the avengers wiped the floor with him, he was still just as cocky as ever.
    "Blow my cover and there will be no realm for you hide in." You whispered in his ear as he pulled you in for a hug. 
    "Beautiful, why would I hide from you?" He whispered back, you took his arm as the two you casually strolled into the banquet area. You made small talk amongst the other guest, trying to ignore the gun securely strapped to thigh.
    The mission was to gather intel on what the ships being docked at a disclosed location in north New Hampshire was about. Loki's hand played at the exposed skin on your back, it was distracting you from the conversation you tried to hold.
    "Congressman, I'm sure you'd have to agree, the people of your great state should know about the possibility and ramifications of docking illegal weaponry might bring." You say coyly, playing in to the man's love for his state.
    "Oh, y/n, I understand your concern but we are keeping a close eye on the ships that are there. To our knowledge they are not being used as weapons merely a place to hold them from corrupt governments." He replied, giving his attempt at a charming smile.
    "Sir, I'd have to agree with Miss y/n. I think public input would be helpful, also it would look mighty good come election season." Loki added, you tried not to look slack jawed. Where on earth had Loki learned about politics, especially American politics this quickly, when two days ago he didn't know how to operate a toaster.
    "Mr. Laufeyson, you do have a point on the matter. I guess it is something to look into." The congressman bid the two you goodbye before jumping into another conversation with someone else.
     "You are remarkably well behaved tonight, what did you go?" You asked, looking at him out of the corner of your eye. He smirked in response.
     "My dear, I'm always well behaved." He replied, as you neared the dance floor.
     "Two words, New York." You stated smiling, pulling him away from the dance floor. "Loki, we have a mission, and that does not include dancing."
     "There is always time for a dance my dear."  He whispered near your ear.
      "Senator!" You beamed as you neared the next man on your list. Loki rolled his eyes at your fake happiness to see the man.
     "Ms. Y/l/n and who is your date this evening?" He asked as he grasped your hands greeting you. His wife stood next to him trying to feign a smile, sheer boredom in her eyes.
     "This is my dear friend Mr. Laufeyson. He's in from another country and I'd thought I'd introduce him to how amazing your get togetherness are." You gushed, you watched as Loki shook the man's hand.
    "Truly is an amazing sight and who is this stunning woman with you." He gave her one of his panty melting smiled, she blushed at him in response.
    "This is my wife, Millie." He said looking back her.
      You began your slow speech about the ships being docked yet again, ignoring Loki and Millie. You were swept up in conversation, talking about the ramifications of advance weaponry might bring his state. The same lines almost word for word you had used at least a dozen times tonight. Nothing was working, even the occasional flirting with man, knowing her regularly cheated on his wife.
     You finally gave in and thank him for his time before walking away with Loki. At this rate you'd never find out the truth and would have to go back to the Avengers compound empty handed. Yet again Loki led you to the dance floor.
     "Just one dance, love." He asked, holding up one finger. You sighed, and let him pull you to the floor.
   It was a slow song, Loki pulled your body tightly against his, his hand caressing the small of your back. You let yourself melt against him, tonight might have been a bust for intelligence gathering but at least you got to slow dance with Loki.
     "So the ships, they do have alien tech on them, but not the ones at the dock. Those are decoys. Yes, the senator and congressman both know about it. They are both in league with that company Hydro or whatever it is." He whispered, you stopped dancing and looked up at him wide eyed.
     "Loki, how'd you?" Your voice faded as he grinned at you.
     "Millie was quite forth coming. Poor thing, truly is lonely." He remarked.
      "I don't know if I want push you off a bridge or kiss you." You replied, relieved and annoyed. Relieved that you had the information you needed and annoyed Loki charmed it out of someone else to get it.
      "Can I pick?" He leaned forward brushing his lips against yours.
      "Just remember I still have a gun." You murmured.