Valhalla

Infinity war spoilers!

    "We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods
W'ell drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, and sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming!"

   "I promise you, brother. The sun will shine on us again." Words echoed the hallowed halls, dark corridors, the endless walk with no light.
   "Warrior, we've been awaiting you." Your voice softly called out to him in the darkened passage.
     As Loki reached to the door of the endless hall he shoved it, light cascaded in around him. The landscape before was radiant, grass a crisp green, cool rivers and streams flowed in the valley below the two of you. In the distance was the large golden tree of Glasir, he looked around in wonder before his eyes landed on you.
"This... this is.." he stammered, your sliver armor reflecting in the warm sunlight, the blue cape you wore caught lightly in the wind.
"Valhalla." You finished the sentence that fell short on his lips.
"Why am I here?" Loki asked, confusion knotted up in his face.
"You died in battle, Loki Odinson, prince of Asgard, rightful king of Jötunheimr. As with all warriors who die in battle you are here." You smiled at him shaking your head. Surely he knew of the tales, he knew he just couldn't accept.
"I didn't think.." He looked around again, at a loss for words, before returning his attention to you.
"You never thought you'd be welcome in Valhalla?"
"No." He responded, catching sight of the tattoo on your arm. "You're a Valkyrie."
"Yes, I am. And it's my sworn duty to take you to the halls of Glasir. If you'd follow me prince." You ask, taking a step down the hill.
"What of my brother?" He asked trailing behind you.
"He still fights the one known as Thanos. Your death weighs heavy on him, but he swears he will avenge you and his friends he has lost." You inform him, Loki grasps you by your wrist, spinning you to face him.
"I must go, I must help him." He pleads to you, his eyes full of pain.
"I'm sorry, prince, that cannot be." You tell him regretfully.
"He's my brother." Loki says breathlessly.
     "I know, unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. There is someone who wishes to see you though." You tell him, your heartbreaking for the man before you.
      "Tell me, will he defeat Thanos?" He asks as you both start walking again.
       "I don't know, hopefully he will." You looked at him out of the corner of your eye as you walked down the large hill toward the golden tree. "Do you realize, how much of a pain my arse you've been?"
       "Me?" He scoffed, his face knotted up in confusion.
      "I have been waiting for you by that gate for years, and yet like a cat you never actually died." You laugh lightly trying to break the tension, tucking a stray strand of hair behind your ear.
     "So, not only did I fool my brother and father, the entire planet of Asgard but a gate keeper of Valhalla and a Valkyrie?" He mused, a proud smile spread a cross his face.
    "And not just any gate keeper, might I add, I've been the one personally tasked with bringing you to the hall." You chuckled as you crossed a bridge, walking towards a large group of people.
     "Loki!" Fandral yelled as he walked up clapping him on the shoulder. "You're going to love it here. The place is beautiful and the women are stunning."
      "And the feast..." Volstagg add, walking up embracing the confused god.
     "Boys, that's enough. I still need to take him to the hall, I was tasked with bring him straight to her." You said, pulling at Loki towards the large ornate door at the base of the golden tree.
     "Who tasked you?" He asked, facing you. His eyes soften, you sighed, taking one of his hands in yours.
     "You will see, Loki Odinson." You tell him, turning you placed your palm on the door and shoved hard. The door effortlessly glided open, banquet tables lined down the center.
    Large gold and silver candle holders placed perfectly down the center, each of the five candles being held in them lit. A feast had been prepared, fruit and bread filled the tables, cups of mead glistened in the candlelight. Bores perfectly cooked, with an apple in their mouths were also present.
      You looked at the tables and then back at Loki, you smiled to yourself at the wonderment on his face.
    "This feast is for you, Loki." You tell him, wanting him to realize that he too was a warrior regardless of what he had done in the past. "But first, m'lady."
     You took his hand and guided him to the side hall that led to the balcony. You stopped just short of the threshold. You looked back at Loki, you could see the tears start to well up in his eyes as he took a tentative step forward. His lips parted a bit, as his tongue darted out.
    She had her back to the two you, her golden hair held perfectly in place. Her golden robe, one of royalty, barely touching the floor. Slowly Frigga turned to look over her shoulder, her eyes landing on him.
     "Loki, my son, you're here." She said with a hint of sadness. "It's good to see you again."
     "Mother." He breathed, and in three swift strides his arms were around her.