Wade and Sister Woes

You were at the bakery, elbow deep in fondant when a text through. You wiped your hands off on a clean towel as you walked over to where phone lay. Upon reading the text your heart starter hammering, it was your sister. Evidently she had changed her flight plans and would be arriving in London soon then expected.
You: sweetheart my sister is on her way.
    You saw the bubbles appear as Tom started to text, knowing you had just ruined his day in seven words.
Tom: it's not April fools.
    You bit your bottom lip, your sister and Tom got along as well as water and oil. It's not that your sister didn't like Tom, it's the fact the she thought she was the better sister for marrying a high paid lawyer. The fact Tom was worth double or triple that is what bothered her. Also the fact that even though Tom was an A list actor and could take care of you yet you still choose to work.
You: sorry, she changed her flight and will be arriving before I get home.
Tom: can I pretend we moved?
You: ha ha Tom.
~~
     Tom did a quick sweep of the house making sure it was tidy for when Kay arrived, that's what you had always called your older sister. When you were growing up you were unable to pronounce her name and it stuck as the years rolled by. Wade waddle under Tom's feet causing the man to trip more then once, the duck sensing something big was going on.
    Tom's head shot up as he heard the bell ring, Wade making a beeline for the door. He took a deep breath as he approached the door, opening it slowly as you sister walked in. She pulled her expensive sunglasses off as she walked in, setting her suit case and purse just inside the door. Two more were on the porch steps making the man wonder exactly how long she would be in town for. Her hair was perfect styled and the ten pounds of make up that went with it. Everything about her screamed money, just the way she liked it.
     "Tommy boy, how ya doin'?" She asked, giving him a fake smile, chewing the wad of gum in her mouth. Wade nipped at her pant leg, quacking angrily at her lack of response to him. "Why is there duck in your house?"
    She looked at the animal with disgust as Wade pecked at the shine on her black boot.
    "Kay, we weren't expecting you so soon." Tom smiled at her, leaning down to pick up the molting bird from the floor. "And this is Wade the duck."
    "I know who it is, my sister sent us a ridiculous Christmas card with it in an elf costume. What I'm asking is, why is it in the house?" She asked again, the duck hissed at her, wanting the treat everyone always gave him when they entered the house.
     "Why would he be outside? He's part of our family, you wouldn't force your children to stay outside all the time, why would we?" Tom replied, reaching over to the can of mealy worms on the book shelf behind him, the duck began wiggling in his arms, making a ruckus.
    "Cause it's a duck." She rolled her eyes, Tom had to take deep breath, he set Wade back down on the floor.
    "I'll put your things in the guest room." Tom told her grabbing her luggage and heading up stairs. He sent you text asking if you knew how long she was planning on staying, but you didn't reply. He looked at his watch realizing that you were probably on your way home.
     He was on his way down the stairs when he heard Kay scream, and took two at time hoping like hell Wade was okay. He rounded the edge of the stairs, Wade was perched in her purse, hissing again at her as she tried to get near it. Tom tried to hide his smile as he walked over and gingerly lift the angry bird out, setting him down a ways from it. Tom could see the insides were wet as he went to hand her the item, Wade had peed in her Coach leather purse.
     "Sorry, Wade has accidents when he gets overly excited." Tom smirked, you opened the front door just she was about to make a comment.
    "Sister darling!" She exclaimed walking over to give you hug, however not before Wade rushed in front her, tripping her up. You stifled a laugh, picking him up off the ground. The duck nuzzled under your chin as you brought him up to your chest.
    "Heyya, Kay." You smiled, grabbing a bug from the tin and giving it to the content avian. "How long are you going to be staying? I thought you wouldn't be here till like a month from now."
     "Well Matt agreed with me that I need to come celebrate my little sister getting married." She gushed walking over and giving you a side hug.
    "Lucky man." Tom muttered under his breath, you looked over to him and he gave you a sweet smile.
    "I see you've met Wade." You said, placing the duck back to the ground.
     "Yeah, it peed in my bag." She replied tersely.
     "I'm sure he didn't mean to, usually he pecks at the back door when he needs to go potty." You explained, accentuating he every time you said it. You walked into the kitchen behind the slightly feathered animal, pulling out stuff to make dinner.
     "We should go out for dinner." She stated, you looked over your shoulder at her, giving her a sweet smile.
    "Sis, we have the meat ready to grill, Tom and I don't go out to eat as much as you and Matt do. Plus, going out for dinner is always hassle especially right after a movie he's done has come out." You explained, grabbing everything your needed before heading to the backdoor, Tom opening it as you neared. Wade waddling out ahead of you, head turning back and forth checking to make sure everything is as it should be.
    The evening wore on, and you caught up with your sister. Which meant listening to her talk about the new vacation home her and her husband purchased. How well her kids were excelling in sports and music, and on and on about this that and the other. Meanwhile, Tom had taken Wade for a swim in the pool, and truth be told you were slightly jealous of them.
    "I can't believe Tommy hasn't bought you an underground pool." She remarked watching as Wade flapped his wings in the water as Tom pick him up.
    "Kay, he hates being called Tommy, you know that. And I don't want an underground pool, I like having a yard and we don't get enough hot days to warrant one." You replied looking back over to her.
    "Still, I think the two of you should invest in one, it brings up the marketability of your home." She smiled, you let out a heavy sigh.
    "Look, I love this house and I'm not intending on moving anytime soon. It's perfect for Tom, Wade and I." You told her, she chuckled as she reached over and patted your hand.
    "I know but one day it won't be just you and Tom." She replied, Tom came up just as you were about ready to snap, setting the slight damp towel wrapped duck in your lap.
     "Darling, it's getting late.." he leaned down giving you soft kiss. "I have a couple of things to run over with Luke in the morning. I'll let you ladies talk, I wish you both a good night."
    You looked up at him with pleading eyes to rescue you, but all he did was wink before turning and walking back into the house. Wade curled up in your lap, keeping your sister in sight. He let out a quack directed at her, his remaining feathers bristling at her.
    "It's kind of cute." She said looking at your grumpy companion.
    "HE is massively cute." You said, not bothering to smile as you stood cradling the bird.
    "Anyway, I was thinking we could go over wedding plans while I'm here." She remarked as she followed you into the house. That was the last thing you wanted was your sister taking over your wedding, if she had it her way everything would cost a fortune and still look cheap.
      "I didn't catch how long you were staying." You told her looking over your shoulder at her as you set Wade in his dog bed.
      "I don't know, Matt said take as long as I want." She perked up, grinning.
      "Wonderful. Anyway, I am tired myself I had to get up early to be down at the bakery so I think I'll head to bed as well." You explained to her, your sister nodding as she headed up the stairs.
     "I'll see you in the morning, I can't wait to go over some ideas." She half yelled down the stairs as you entered your room. Tom was leaned up against the head board, bed side lamp on. His glasses were perched on the bridge of his nose, he set the script he was reading down and looked up at you.
     "Thought you were going to sleep mister, thanks for ditching me with my sister. What happened to the knight in shining armor?" You questioned, changed into pjs.
     "There are not enough knights to slay that dragon." He shot back, you giggled as you climbed in bed next to him. "Did she say how long she was in town for?"
    "Matt told her to stay as long she likes." You told him, laying your head on his chest.
     "Looks like he gets a vacation." Tom quipped earning another chuckle from you as you smack his chest.
     "Thomas."
      About then a blood curling scream echoed through the house. Both you and your fiancé shot out of bed running to the stairs. Wade came running down the upstairs hall, wings straight back, mouth open, feathers trailing in his wake. You sister came barreling out of the room behind him, her face red, and brows cross. Tom scooped the bird up, folding him tight to his chest.
     "That beast poop on me!" She screamed, it was then you noticed the dark slick stain on her night shirt.
      "That's my boy." Tom whispered behind you, stroking the duck under the chin. "Let's go get you a big fat bug for that."
     "Kay, I'm sorry Wade pooped on you but do not ever call him a beast. We don't generally have people he doesn't know stay the night." You explained following her back into her room. "You haven't exactly been kind of to him since you came and he is just expressing how upset he was."
     "Fine." She replied tersely changing her shirt. "I'll try to be nicer to it."
     "Him! Wade's and a him!" You almost shouted through your frustrations.
     "Look, y/n, I'm tired and don't feel like being yelled at." She said defeat in her voice. You turned and left her, knowing anything after this point would be useless to argue.
    When you returned to your room you saw Tom laying on his back, Wade snuggled up on him. It was adorable to see them like that.
    "Wade." You sighed crawling in bed, you saw the duck peep open his eye and shut it tightly. "I know you're awake."
     "Darling, You can't be mad at him, look at that face." Tom said, giving you a charming smile.
     "Don't think I didn't hear you in the hall." You remarked shutting the light off.