Wattpad Original
There are 71 more free parts

green

adjective ~ the colour between blue and yellow; like grass or emeralds

NOVA

"Aren't balls made for the nineteenth century?" I sighed.

Molly scoffed at me as she lay her clothes on my bed. "You obviously do not know romance."

I grimaced. She was right, though; I didn't know about romance. I knew love. I loved my parents; I loved my wolf. But romance was a different love. I've never been treated with that kind of care, and I doubt Phoenix would be the type.

It was six o'clock and Molly was in my room getting herself ready for the ball. The dress she chose for herself was a baby pink princess dress, puffy at the waist. She claims it's to hide her tummy, but even so, I knew it would look good on her, regardless. I had yet to see my dress. It stayed hidden in the black dress bag and Molly hovered over it like a guard dog.

I stayed on my bed as she rummaged around in her make-up bag for supplies. I was envious of her complexion. She had an olive skin tone, so she didn't always look so ghastly pale like me, and she could pull off more colours than I, since her eyes were a nice dark blue. My green was too bright and my skin too pale.

As she got ready, I watched the next episode of the vampire diaries. We were half-way through season four now, but we were slacking to watch them since I had training and she worked four days a week.

"Ugh, why can't she just choose Stefan?" She huffed. "Sire bond or not."

I frowned. "I d-dunno. I feel like she honestly loves Damon."

She gawped at me. "You'd rather she go for the manic, brooding alcoholic than sweet old Stefan?"

I rolled my eyes. "Stefan can be an arse too."

We spent the time of her doing her make-up bickering about the Salvatore brothers. Neither of us was winning, and it was increasing the tension. But when the episode finished, and she turned to me, it vanished.

"You look great." I smiled.

Molly giggled and smoothed her hair down. She had curled it, and it reached her mid-back in loose ringlets. She had purple eyeshadow and even some fake eyelashes. A pink lipstick kiss, complete with shiny gold coloured jewellery.

It was fifteen minutes before seven and she noticed too, as she grinned at me. Without a care, she removed her bathrobe and showed no concern for being nude. I still wasn't used to the wolf culture of nudity and looked away.

Once I heard the successful slap of pants against her skin, I looked back. She stood in underwear before she shimmied on her dress. It had long puffy, translucent sleeves. The whole dress had a sheer pale pink layer over the top of the silk layer underneath.

I helped her button up the back, making sure the buttons were tidy. Coming round her front, she gave me a huge smile and clapped her hands.

"I feel like a princess." She giggled.

Her dress was large, but not dramatically. She made it work even if she had to pull at it to see her feet. Once she had heels on, it would just skim the floor.

A knock on the door stopped her in her tracks, and she smiled wider. "He's early."

Sean walked in a moment later, and his eyes widened at the sight of his sister. He looked nice, dressed in black suit trousers and jacket, with a white shirt and green tie. The sound of clunking filled the room as he walked in, his feet covered in black boots.