Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

heal

verb ~ cause a wounded person to become better

Phoenix had dismissed everyone except Imani who was helping him look through supplies.

I watched confused as she began to talk to him about medical things. The words gauze and antiseptic met my ears despite their hushed mumbles. I nervously began to fiddle with the hem of my dress, staring at the back of their heads.

Finally, he turned to me, armed with supplies in paper packaging. I noticed Imani smile at me before she walked out of the cabin.

"Is-is she not going to help?" I wondered as the door shut behind her.

Phoenix chuckled and set the supplies down beside me. "She is not great at human healing."

I eyed him as he began to wash his hands in a nearby water bucket, covering them with soap before drying them on a paper towel. He smirked at me as he pulled on some gloves and I just stared in confusion.

He grabbed a squirt-type bottle in his hand and stood near me.

"What are you doing then?" I asked.

"I am going to clean your wounds, Nova." He smiled softly.

"You?" I asked, tilting my head.

He chuckled, stepping closer. "I am."

"You're not a doctor," I stated.

He smiled at me. "I am not. But not a lot of werewolf doctors are good with human injuries. Once I realised...how fragile you were I began to learn human medicine."

My eyes widened in surprise. "You-you did?"

He nodded, shaking the bottle in his hand. "I want to take care of you, myself."

I sucked on my lower lip to fight the smile away. "Oh."

"Oh," He repeated with a laugh. "Now let me clean your wounds. It would be easier if you could pull the straps of your dress down. They are sticking to your wound."

I nodded and pulled the spaghetti straps off my arms. He helped me with my injured shoulder as I found it difficult to pull my arm out. I made sure the dress was secure under my armpits and nodded.

"Ready? It's just water for now." He asked, stepping closer and holding my gaze.

I nodded again, tensing. "Okay."

He didn't say anything just moved his attention to the wounds on my neck. I watched as his eyes darkened but tilted my head to give him better access. The water was fairly warm against my skin and it didn't hurt as he cleaned my wounds.

When he finished I turned my attention to what he had next and my eyes widened when he began to dowse a cotton pad with some dark-looking liquid. The smell of it burnt my nose and I found myself tensing up. It was going to hurt, wasn't it?

Cel growled at my anxiety, preparing herself for the attack.

He paused at my reaction and his hazel eyes gazed up to find mine. I shook my head but he smiled softly, his hand moving to hold my cheek. I found myself relaxing into the warmth of his touch, the mate bond soothing my nerves as his calm emotions flooded into me. The plastic of the gloves was annoying but the feeling of his touch was enough to distract me.

I swallowed nervously and he took his chance to lift the pad to my neck. It immediately burned and stung and I shrieked, pulling away from the painful thing.

"No! No!" I shrieked, craning my neck away despite how much it made it worse. "It hurts, please!"

"Nova!" He gasped. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. You need to let me do this, I have to clean you."